Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

dt 125 lc carb?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aDTisbornagain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: dt 125 lc carb? Reply with quote

hello to everyone ,
im wondering if anyone can shed some light on a problem I have I have rebuilt a dt 125 lc from the frame to full bike I am a novice still when it comes to motorbikes and fitting the carb ive come across the problem of where all the pipe work goes I cant seem to figure it out , its a mikuni carb with the inlet and outlet for coolant on the top however the other poipes oil fuel not sure were they go any help please?? Confused Confused Confused

Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not an expert by any means but would say the big 90 degree pipe at the top is fuel in and the little black pipe is the twostroke in and that should be all you need!
aDTisbornagain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gillinghampaul wrote:
Im not an expert by any means but would say the big 90 degree pipe at the top is fuel in and the little black pipe is the twostroke in and that should be all you need!

the 90 degree pipe at thetop there is two of them I think there for coolant and I know the two pink pipes on the side are breather just the other three im not sure of could there be two oil or two fuel and one oil , I haven't got a clue and the Haynes manual hasn't neither
smithyrc30

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two right angle pipes which are rusty inside are for water.
The white plastic right angled connector is the fuel line, the black tube is the oil feed from the oil pump and the two orange coloured tubes are the float chamber and jet vents.
The brass connector on the bottom of the float bowl is the drain outlet.
ZXR750 M1
TZR250SPR
NSR250SP
aDTisbornagain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smithyrc30 wrote:
The white plastic right angled connector is the fuel line, the black tube is the oil feed from the oil pump and the two orange coloured tubes are the float chamber and jet vents.

wow Very Happy cheers for that it seems to make sense now ,theres just one outlet you haven't mentioned on there or did I miss it , its the one in the last picturte if your looking at the choke nob its vertical in front of that a silver outlet stub ....any ideas what that one is for ??
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smithyrc30 wrote:

nope, the white plastic connector is an airbleed.
the fuel line is connected to the connector shown below circled in red:

aDTisbornagain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Mac wrote:
smithyrc30 wrote:

nope, the white plastic connector is an airbleed.
the fuel line is connected to the connector shown below circled in red:

thanks very much for that bit of knowledge so I take all the other pipes are correct then apart from the ones you mentioned great that , I just got to figure out the left hand switch now as im building a loom for the thing and the Haynes manual lists the wires different colour doesn't make sense I will probably start a new topic on it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: