Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

SDR 350 R (SDR200)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
specialbrewer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: SDR 350 R (SDR200) Reply with quote

Hi lads, some of you may have seen this bike before on the 2 stroke forum, but I see there are some posts on here for the SDR 200, so here it is...

This has taken me about 3 years to build, its been a very slow process.. Its basically an SDR200 fitted with an RD350 YPVS motor which has been given a fast road tune by Mick Abbey, he has recorded 69.9 RWHP on his dyno, its got Micks pipes custom made to fit this bike, zeeltronic ignition and powervalve control, YZFR125 wheels and forks, RD350 fork springs, Ducati 1098 front headlight and fairings, and a 2003 CBR600RR radiator to keep things cool.

Dave
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is bloody lovely that is!

I said i would never part with my ysr but for that i would!

Love the fairing, if someone told me about it i would be unsure how it would work but seeing it, it makes sense!
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's simply gorgeous... Proper hooligan in the house !!

Can I have a go.. Pleeeeease Wink
andyw114
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply beautiful.
James P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nice - good work Dave!

Is there a reason you decided on YZF-R125 forks instead of the originals (they're both 33mm I think)...?
Do the YZF forks have any adjustment?
Was it just to make fitting the YZF front wheel easier? I presume you used the YZF triple clamps too.
Is the rear suspension all standard SDR?

Thanks & regards,
James
specialbrewer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James P wrote:
That's nice - good work Dave!

Is there a reason you decided on YZF-R125 forks instead of the originals (they're both 33mm I think)...?
Do the YZF forks have any adjustment?
Was it just to make fitting the YZF front wheel easier? I presume you used the YZF triple clamps too.
Is the rear suspension all standard SDR?

Thanks & regards,
James

Thanks for all the positive comments lads its been a labour of love Wink

James I used yzfr forks n clamps because they were cheap and i couldnt find any sdr parts on the tinternet... all i had was sdr tank frame swinger seat and airbox nothing else seemed to be out there. So i thought yeah yzfr i can make them fit and they went in with no mods needed. I then drilled n tapped the fork stops to take m12 stainless bolts so that i can adjust the preload.. its cheap and it works.... getting the yzfr rear wheel in was a little more challenging though. The rear shock is from a tzr250 again a straight swop... i didnt have a seat subframe so had to make one from scratch.... the rad is off a 2003-2006 cbr600rr and fits so good it looks like it was meant to be Smile the fairings came along later and again fitted with a little modification... i love the result and its just kind of evolved

Happy new year to you all folks !
James P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

specialbrewer wrote:
James I used yzfr forks n clamps because they were cheap and i couldnt find any sdr parts on the tinternet... all i had was sdr tank frame swinger seat and airbox nothing else seemed to be out there. So i thought yeah yzfr i can make them fit and they went in with no mods needed. I then drilled n tapped the fork stops to take m12 stainless bolts so that i can adjust the preload.. its cheap and it works.... getting the yzfr rear wheel in was a little more challenging though. The rear shock is from a tzr250 again a straight swop... i didnt have a seat subframe so had to make one from scratch.... the rad is off a 2003-2006 cbr600rr and fits so good it looks like it was meant to be Smile the fairings came along later and again fitted with a little modification... i love the result and its just kind of evolved...

Ah, I see - you've certainly made the best of what you had then! I think the SDR looks good with or without a fairing, although the desire to economise sways me in favour of the latter Laughing !
Early SRX250 forks are identical to those of the SDR, although I'd probably also lean in favour of the YZF-R front end if my bike was missing as many parts as yours was.
Again, you've certainly made it look good - I'd be interested to know whether you think there are any down-sides of doubling the power output with the original chassis.

Regards,
James
BRG1200

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, it all looks like it belongs together and the proportions are right, which is often where these things go wrong, if I can put it that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: