Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

THANK YOU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Forum Support & Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: THANK YOU Reply with quote

After seeing it all kick off this morning on a Facebook group that I'm a member of, it occurred to me that I need to say thank you to you all for making it so easy to look after this place. Clap

It's not the busiest forum in the world but it seems to be exclusively populated by decent and honest enthusiasts who know how to string a sentence together, are knowledgable and keen to help others, and manage to get through life without starting a slagging match every other day. Parts and bikes change hands without anyone being ripped off or messed about, as far as I'm aware.

The way it escalates on other social media sites is incredible, and it only takes one or two people to ruin it for everyone. We've all seen it on other bike forums in the past. I've joined dozens over the years but only really go on a couple these days.

I know people who have a full-time job doing forum admin, or who spend half of their leisure time doing it. I have to do very little indeed on here, there just seems to be no need for it. Maybe I'm just very lucky ? If it ever became a chore then I'd just pull the plug frankly.

Anyway, everyone keep up the good work, enjoy your weekend, and post up a pic of you out on your bike or working in the garage. Cool

ADMIN Salute
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more! Long may we be a happy bunch. Very Happy
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you right back, its a great site and exclusive Wink
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a pleasure to be part of this community, im on a few but this is my favorite, i know its not very busy but its quality not quantity every time
Howie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done 'admin' Thumbs Up

Unfortunately I don't get a lot of time to post nowadays but after reading this I think I should 'bloody well' make the effort.

And bore you all with the revamp of my recently acquired NS125?

Many thanks for a cracking 2-stroke site
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: THANK YOU Reply with quote

I have to agree Tim - although DS isn't the busiest forum on the planet, it is without doubt the best and friendliest of all the forums I'm a member of.
In fact if it wasn't for DS I wouldn't believe it was possible for a forum to exist without people regularly kicking off at each other!! Rolling Eyes

Thanks for all the work you do . . . even if you don't think it's a lot Smile

And I think congrats to everyone who uses this forum for being great level headed and friendly folk, who just want to enjoy talking about smelly old bikes Cool

DSBBadmin wrote:

. . . . and post up a pic of you out on your bike or working in the garage.

Pffft!! Yeah right!! Crybaby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Forum Support & Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: