Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

250 Gamma newbie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wizbit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: 250 Gamma newbie Reply with quote

Hi All. After a very long search I have finally got myself a euro imported "fixer upper" GJ21B 250 Gamma manufactured 1985. It's rough but most major bits are there. It does run and first stage will be getting it MOTable. I have all panels from various bikes so they will need spraying up. I'm not looking to make a show bike but a good road bike for the dry days. Obviously I will have plenty of questions and hope you guys can help....see you on the forum! Very Happy

About me: I spent most of my riding years on 2 strokes including Suzi X1, GP100 (x2), NS125R, RG125 gamma,YPVS F2, YPVS Brazilian & finally a RD400 which I did a full resto on. Unfortunately I just couldn't handle the number of plugs that thing chewed up so it had to go....probably my biggest disappointment of a bike I've ever had. Weird because the powervalves were totally reliable machines.
I strayed to the dark side (4 strokes) after borrowing a CB500S which made me realize just how far chassis and suspension design had come. I could push this bike and make it go round corners far better than any RD. My first 4 stroke purchase was an NTV650 (couldn't find a CB500 at the time)which was a quality machine and totally reliable through 3 full years of commuting. 9 years ago I switched to a Mk1 SV650 curvy (proper bike with carbs and no cat) and just can't imagine ever parting with it. It's a fantastic machine, gutsy and so reliable. Last year I saved an old '86 original Honda Vision from the scrappy and did it up relishing the fact I had another two stroke back in the garage. That has now gone but I always dreamt of getting a GAMMA back in my garage so here I am
Salute
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great first post ! Welcome. Very Happy
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome on board Wizbit, looking forward to hearing more about your Gamma exploits Smile
Howie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wizbit,

Welcome to the forum, I would love an RG250, looking forward to seeing pics.
wizbit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. It's not been nice looking in at 2 strokes from the outside. Now I can join in with the cursing, swearing and bemoaning of an empty wallet like everyone else Wink Will get some photos up as soon as I get a day to start the forensic investigation of my Gamma.
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your coming in with your eyes open at least!

Welcome back to two strokes and welcome to the forum, look foward to seeing more
Bitacticus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another RG 250 Very Happy

Great little bikes

Good you have all the fairing parts

Enjoy the rebuild

Regards Erik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: