Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

My mate's just bought an Aprilia RS125
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: My mate's just bought an Aprilia RS125 Reply with quote

Hi Guys n Gals,

well we've started something now!

We lost my mum just over a year ago so, as my dad was an ex-racer, we decided to get him a project bike and a Kawasaki AR125 came along, at the right price etc.

I then found another one, so that joined us and we decided that dad would build his on the lines of a classic racer and I would do mine virtually standard.

Our goal is to get both bikes over the the IOM, to do a few laps of the TT circuit.

Anyway on hearing this, my good mate Bendy Bob (AKA Doc) decided to join in with the fun and yesterday he bought what must be one of the last Aprilia RS125 2 strokes.

Hopefully he'll be joining us over here on different Strokers.

I wonder how many more of my 50 year + mates will take this same route, despite all having much larger bikes in their garages?

The morning he started the bike up, and covered his i-Phone with 2 stroke fumes, just so we could hear it!

Good on ya matey.

Reggie

Last edited by The Cameraman on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic to hear about what your doing with your dad. I've lost both my parents now and its only when they are gone that you reflect on all the things you wish you had said and done.

I'm sure there are quite a few of us 'oldies' doing similar things and getting back to the smoky tiddler two strokes we loved when we were younger.

I've also got bigger bikes, ahem mainly four strokes... Embarassed but given the right conditions I would much rather take out one of the little blue haze variety bikes.. They simply make me smile !!

I sincerely hope more of your friends join in with the fun Very Happy
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shaun,

and so do I matey.

One other's got an old 2 stroke Scott, but may borrow his son's RD250LC and another one is actively searching!

Reggie

Last edited by The Cameraman on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more the merrier!

I'm doing more on my small bikes than the big ones these days. In part becasue the big ones don't need the work, but also because I'm enjoying making bits and doing my own thing which is harder on the bigger bikes.

The down side at the moment is that I seem to have less time for riding the bikes I've got on the road. I'll feel less guilty about this over winter with the weather being bad, but most of my summer has been spent in the garage rather than in the sun.

Maybe I'll get some more riding done next year.
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Arlurt,

Tiddler Tinkering is good for the soul!

Winter will soon be upon us and that's when normal people stop riding (not me) and spend their spare time in the shed/garage/mancave (delete as appropriate).

Reggie
Howie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Our goal is to get both bikes over the the IOM, to do a few laps of the TT circuit.

Good on you & your Dad fella Clap

I honestly think that as modern bikes get faster/more complicated/uglier etc, we'll find more like minded people buying into the more honest/simpler/fun side of motorcycling.

And if you ask me 125cc two strokes really are honest, simple fun. Tell Bendy Bob (fantastic name) to de-restrict the Rs (probably already done Very Happy ) because they are cracking bikes once unleashed.
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howie wrote:
Quote:

Good on you & your Dad fella Clap

I honestly think that as modern bikes get faster/more complicated/uglier etc, we'll find more like minded people buying into the more honest/simpler/fun side of motorcycling.

And if you ask me 125cc two strokes really are honest, simple fun. Tell Bendy Bob (fantastic name) to de-restrict the Rs (probably already done Very Happy ) because they are cracking bikes once unleashed.

Hi Howie,

Bendy Bob's bike was a full horse version from new and hasn't been touched by any learners! He took it for it's first ride today and did 40 miles before heading for work. He loved it.

Reggie
Howie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant stuff Reggie Very Happy
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Howie,

I've just heard from the reprobate himself and he's riding up on the RS125 tomorrow, via the Peak District (to worry a few sheep first), then up to the land of rain and colder temperatures, or more commonly known as the West Pennine Moors, North of Bolton!

I see he's joined us here as Doc, so he'll no doubt be introducing himself pretty soon.

Reggie

Last edited by The Cameraman on Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon Doc.... Show us yer stroker Wink
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top-shaggy wrote:
C'mon Doc.... Show us yer stroker Wink

That just sounds so wrong!

Reggie
Doc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Strokers!

All will be reveled shortly. I'm on my way up to Reggie's in a few minutes.

I've already washed it this morning, cleaned the chain and adjusted the mirrors (for what little good that'll do) Believe me, this is unheard off for me, especially before midday!

There's no tool kit with the bike so I'm going to throw a few tools in there before setting off.

Good to be on board.

Doc.
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys n Gals,

bloody hell, he must have it bad!

Doc being ready to rock n roll at this time of morning is unheard of!

I reckon the smell of two stroke oil may have a deeper emotional response than that created by the smell of freshly cooked bacon!

Ride safely my mate and enjoy the delights of a lightweight, Italian, thoroughbred.

Reggie
Howie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I reckon the smell of two stroke oil may have a deeper emotional response than that created by the smell of freshly cooked bacon!

Mmmmmmm........ bacon

Welcome to the site Doc, be good to see another Rs125 on here Cool
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had a large bacon n mushroom cob, coffee and ..Erm. .umm..smoke sat outside CMC.. its cold. . But not too cold for bacon. .haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: