Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

My Aprilia rs125's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: My Aprilia rs125's Reply with quote

Here is my orange 97 Rs125, I think it was originally the silver model, much prefer the shape of these to the next one.................

This is a 2001 model, both run, the black one has an earthing problem & is actually far tattier than the orange one.
But is bloody fast for a 125 Shocked

Once I get the backlog of bikes sorted, I'll start on the orange one first as it really only needs tyres to pass an MOT (& possibly a chesterfield paint job Very Happy ) but the black one needs a lot of work Crying or Very sad

Both have the 34mm carb, fully adjustable rear shock & the black on has the de-restricted CDI.
Both have working powervalves & after market exhausts, the orange one has a standard end can at the mo. The black one has got adjustable forks (well one side only) which is rare.

I think Bendy Bob would be impressed Laughing
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Howie,

nice to see 'em matey.

Bendy Bob's working late shifts this week but as soon as he gets a chance, I'm sure he'll be up here on his for a photo or two!

Reggie
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv always had a thing for these and mitos, i know i need one but i guess it is near impossible to find a fairly straight one!
And the af1 is the other i would really like but i guess rebuilding one of those would be tricky now
Howie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And the af1 is the other i would really like

Oh yes please, the Af1 sports pro in yellow, white, red & black Love

However, here's one for you GP.................

Not mine unfortunately but one of my customers, however it has been in the workshop for 18 months now.

Needs a full engine rebuild & he doesn't have the money. It has also stood in a damp shed for about a year before it came to me Crying or Very sad
So everything is starting to decay, I'm looking after it FOC just because I don't want it to just rot away while he decides what he wants to do with it.

Is there a law that states if you look after a 2 stroke for a number of years, then it automatically becomes yours? Or is that waste land I'm thinking of?
Laughing
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no im sure its two strokes Very Happy
I really like that, and if the owner suddenly decides they dont want it back can i have first dibs as you have far to many bikes already Very Happy
vestanpance

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any progress on these Howie? Question
Howie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have done VP is to take the best from both bikes & make one really good Rs.

So, using the earlier model, I have added the adjustable suspension, installed the rotax 122 engine/wiring etc

The later model was a superteens race bike, so I have used as much of this as I can.

So summing up, I have a '97 Rs125 with a tuned rotax 122 engine, 34mm dellorto, full Arrow exhaust, de-restricted CDI & very nearly fully adjustable suspension.

I have sorted the earthing problem & have new hoops, so I am hoping to have this on the road for spring.
However I now have a load of parts left over, do I sell or do I build another RS?

Hmmmm,

I'll post a mid build pic soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: