Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Time travel by RG250WD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craigside_Pete
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Time travel by RG250WD Reply with quote

In 1983 I was an 18 year old who was totally smitten with Suzuki's new little 'race replica' 250....
As was the way of the world bike had to go to make way for other things in my young life but I always had a soft spot for it.

Last year an ebay advert for a "White Suzuki" turned out to be a JDM 'grey' import of a white/red colour scheme Gamma run by a nurse who used it to comute from her flat at one end of the seafront to the hospital at the otter end!

More or less complete, running and with MoT I left £250 poorer and with a light project to recreate my youth :

I can now travel back in time :

2007... My rejuvinated project in front of my parents house :

1983... in front of my parents house with my NEW Gamma:

Ahh, 1983 was a good year !

The truth is that after showing off my newly (re)built RG250, my Brother scanned an old photo for me...

The bikes are different* [wish I'd kept hold of the original!] but the boots are the same pair!

*Different in that the current one is JDM rather than UK spec. so twin front disks [and air assist forks] but same year/model.

Last 24years have seen a few changes...mainly to my waist line.

Since the picture i've now acquired and fitted the single seat hump and bottom fairing to take my Gamma enjoyment to new level I couldn't aspire to at 18!!!!

Anyone else have any "now and then" photos ?
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

He he - that's fantastic! Green Grin I can't do a 'now and then' pic for me, but if I do find some old photos I'll have to go out and buy an white n' red RD250F . . . as if I needed an excuse!! Laughing

I'm sure there are some others on here that can though - can't wait to see them!!
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete. Love the Gamma. Love Haven't seen one for years now. Look after it ! Or sell it to me... Wink

I can manage a 'then' picture. 1988, at Blyton airfield, about to take my KH250 up the drag strip for the SuperBike magazine 'Ultimate Streetbike' sprint competition. Note period red leather jacket, drainpipe blue jeans and white hi-top trainers - all essential biking wear back then. Laughing

PS. I was supposed to be sprinting my GSX-R750 but wrecked it just before the event. Embarassed
Craigside_Pete
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely KH - simpler days! ahhh...the bikes we wrecked and lost... and SuperBerk...I'd forgotten that mag.

There's a WD on ebay at mo...looking a bit expensive though
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190158714242&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009 [not mine, no knowledge of its owner or condition....]
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craigside_Pete wrote:
There's a WD on ebay at mo...looking a bit expensive though [not mine, no knowledge of its owner or condition....]

Yeah, I'd already spotted that. I was gonna bid too. But...

"The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken."

Yeah, right. Rolling Eyes If he was open to offers he should have said so. Twat. Mad
Craigside_Pete
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The giveaway is that he's also a bike breaker and had listed his phone number so I half suspected he'd be open to "off ebay" offers.

I wonder how much it went for?

I don't phone up/contact ebayers to make offers on what they are selling...but quite often do to see if they've got any Gamma bits they aren't listing - often they have stuff they don't list 'cos they think it won't sell : I got some unobtanium fairing bottoms that way...and one guy turned up to a meeting to buy a set of MpH clocks with a Scenic FULL of other bits he just gave to me "because I was the only guy who'd shown any interest".

Of course the wife takes a very dim view of all the bike bits I've got...thank God she doesn't go looking in the roof!

I'll try and post up some more pics...both of her when she was in her original Red clothes and as she is now with the extra bits I've found Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: