Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Is there a problem with main stands on AR125's?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Is there a problem with main stands on AR125's? Reply with quote

Hi Guys n Gals,

I'd bought some AR125 bits last week and found there were three main stands in the job lot.

I was wondering, is there a problem with these stands that's caused so many to come from one breaker, or is it that it's something that young 'un's would've removed?

Reggie
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question. I like to have a centre stand on a road bike, but many are removed to give it a more modern racy look.

I've not had a problem with any of mine other than pin wear (through stand and frame bracket).. But I have seen people who have had the frame stand bracket fail (cracking and corrosion of bracket to frame). Think I've been lucky on this.

I suppose when people break AR125s the centre stands wouldn't sell as well simply due to the fact that its not essential to have one...

Is yours ok?
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shaun,

mine does seem to lean a little towards the right, so when I re-fit my swinging arm, I'll remove the stand and compare it against the three spares I now have!

Reggie
fazey
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the centre stand is no more on my bike and when i cut off the side stand switch it must of been part of the stand stop so now i must come up with a cunning plan to get it fixed. only problem is i have had the frame powder coated.
may buy a side stand off eBay and see if that fits better because i did get the grinder on the stand too.

Lesson learnt. try stuff before powder coating
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fazey,

well I don't have any side stands but should you decide you need a centre stand then just let me know and I'll post you one.

Reggie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Kawasaki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: