Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

SDR 200 2TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yamfan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little bike is going very well now, Finally sorted all it's issues.

Just enjoying riding it around now.

Have noticed I get about 100 KM for 9 Euro in petrol, My 650 bmw everyday bike will do 240 KM for 10 Euro at similar speeds - Oh well, SDR is much more fun.

Perhaps it is due to the extra drag from having my knees sticking out - I have to remind myself to bring the knees in, It's a very narrow bike Very Happy

I had forgotten how sparkly the metallic is in the paintwork is. It almost looks like custom paint in the rare sunshine.

Some photos of the last few weeks

Tank and seat removed - I remove the fuel tap with the tank to stop petrol going everywhere.

The offending fuel pipe, Had become a little hard. Very slight force did this - so be vigilant of these. - replaced all hoses.

James P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamfan wrote:

It works a treat so far - charging well even with lights on - so happy days.

Good luck with the new rectifier-regulator - let us know how it goes. It has all the markings of the "genuine" units (made by Shindengen, I think) - do you know whether the new one is made by the same firm as the original(s), or is it "counterfeit"?

Opinion was expressed on another forum that the original/genuine 47X-A0 and 47X-A1 units are/were somewhat unreliable and that the later A2 and A3 variants are/were a better bet. Anyone else had any experience to back this up?

Regards,
James
yamfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James P wrote:

Good luck with the new rectifier-regulator - let us know how it goes. It has all the markings of the "genuine" units (made by Shindengen, I think) - do you know whether the new one is made by the same firm as the original(s), or is it "counterfeit"?

Hi James,

I honestly don't know if it's genuine or not - it was cheap, but is doing the job well so far.

As for the originals being unreliable, I can't really say one way or the other.

Little bike gets alot of attention, from some unlikely sources . The latest from an elderly lady who took a great interest as she passed by. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: