Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

What are you up to ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: What are you up to ? Reply with quote

It's very quiet on here lately. Not the best weather for riding or indeed tinkering though (assuming you're in the UK) unless you have a heated garage. What are you all working on or planning for the spring and beyond ? Smile
r3monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: nightmare Reply with quote

well i picked up the rothmans n.s.r gag bike yesterday from chiselspeed scooters .
As you may recall ,i managed to seize the engine within 1 mile of use ,so i bought a mallossi barrel and piston, fitted it then managed to seize the engine within a mile again.
So i took the bike to somebody that has had dealings with2 strokes for as long as i can remember and asked them to investigate why it was doing it.
I bought the engine from Holland .It was suppose to have been rebuilt there before it was shipped over.
it turns out that the crank seals were goosed .Also i put an adjustable stator back plate on it as per certain websites in holland recommending to do.
It turns out that chisel speed had to fit the original backplate as there was not enough adjustment on the new plate to get anywhere near where the timing is now.
So after getting the bike home and washing the road salt off ,i have covered it in acf-50 for protection.
I found the front disc to be badly bent so i have ordered one off eBay .
I took my exhaust to work today to weld it up ,only to find we have run out of gas. Just my bloody luck!
emzedder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Facebook hasn't killed this forum .... I seem to get barraged with bike interest groups but all pretty superficial at root.

I considered selling the little TA replica race bike but had second thoughts over Christmas period. It is RD200 based with X5 22mm carbs that never really tuned optimally. Bitten the bullet and obtained new jet and valve sets (on-line, al good stuff) and fitted those. Big startup in a couple of weeks time to see what she looks like.

Still not sure what to do with the bike once running - Cadwell trackday maybe, covert to road legal special or sell? Dunno.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a 350LC a couple of years ago, it had already been tastefully updated with 3-spoke wheels, Allspeeds and a few other tweaks. I've used it a fair bit and love it, but the handling is a bit odd and there's a couple of nasty bits that stand out when I'm looking at it.

So it's getting sorted at this very moment. The skinny TZR250 rear wheel is being swapped for a wider one from a GSX750F, which will be a better match - visually and dynamically - for the VJ22 front. The clunky footrests and entire rear brake system are being swapped for something more modern too. The seat doesn't fit properly and the cover is tatty, and I need a way to fit a mirror to it too. And there's a boost bottle to fit, purely for 80's style points. Very Happy
bobbyboy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a difficult couple of years with family issues, and barely any time on the bikes, I've been in the garage a bit, which is a change.
I'm down to 14 bikes after a cull last year, and they all needed some deserved tlc.
Every one having plugs, filers, oil, brake fluids, coolant, etc, all being done as we speak.
But I've also decided that another major sell off is going to happen in the spring, so keep an eye out in the For Sale section. Sad
si.likes.guiness
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pub Laughing
oldhookey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same as that.
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put new silencers on the C1, few other bits and she's a go go

Howie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks nice TS, any chance of some full bike pics, you little tease you Laughing

Or have I missed a thread somewhere?
Anyhow, I have mainly been working on my Ns125 & my Kc100.
Ns125 is pretty much finishing touches, the Kc100 is being rebuilt purely to ride, so absolutely no restoring whatsoever AND it's bloody nice not having to worry about authenticity & just concentrate on getting a bike on the road.
That's pretty much what I've been up to, well that & getting a roof on the house extension Rolling Eyes
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrokerBoy wrote:
I bought a 350LC a couple of years ago, it had already been tastefully updated with 3-spoke wheels, Allspeeds and a few other tweaks. I've used it a fair bit and love it, but the handling is a bit odd and there's a couple of nasty bits that stand out when I'm looking at it.

So it's getting sorted at this very moment. The skinny TZR250 rear wheel is being swapped for a wider one from a GSX750F, which will be a better match - visually and dynamically - for the VJ22 front. The clunky footrests and entire rear brake system are being swapped for something more modern too. The seat doesn't fit properly and the cover is tatty, and I need a way to fit a mirror to it too. And there's a boost bottle to fit, purely for 80's style points. Very Happy

Give em a shout if you want to sell the old rearsets Very Happy
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm to see my folks to borrow my Dad's lathe, I've got a few spacers to make and some chain adjusters to modify.

Also, I appear to have bought a GSXR rolling chassis Shocked
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Mac wrote:

Ooh ! Details, pictures, plans... Pray
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrokerBoy wrote:
Tom Mac wrote:

Ooh ! Details, pictures, plans... Pray

GSXR750WN apparently, plans are to build and ride it!
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Mac wrote:
GSXR750WN apparently

Shocked

Stick an oilcooled lump in it. Wink
yamfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have been playing with my very own Lathe.

I bought it from my brother, as I used it more than he did anyway.

It is a Clarke CL500M, The M means it has the milling head which is handy.

If you can keep on top of one of these, any lathe after that will be a piece of cake!

The picture above is a fork stanchion I shortened and had to machine and thread for a cartridge conversion.

Had to make the fixed steady to support the end of the stanchion and had to modify the carriage to work off the end of the bed. Hours of fun Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: