Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

SDR 200 New member new bike

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankclock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: SDR 200 New member new bike Reply with quote

Hello from Australia
I am just on the process of getting 2 SDRs one in great condition the other one good but missing a fuel tank
Can anyone help to supply or give me a contact of someone who may be prepared to sell one
I am going to England in May if I can get one from there
Any help would be great
Your price paid
Thanks
Frank
yamfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank,

Would love to see the SDR's

Will keep an eye out for you, you never know what turns up.

I think I remember seeing reproduction ones on SDR200.com Japanese site - they were seriously expensive - about 600 quid I think.

Best of luck with em!
Dermot
James P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank,

These are the aluminium "Beater" fuel tanks which SDR200.com sells: http://www.sdr200.com/?pid=35019085

You can also buy them direct from the maker, but the price is about the same (http://beater-japan.com/?cat=63). I have dealt with Yasuhiro Tanaka (proprietor of SDR200.com) on several occasions and had no problems, so it should be easy enough for you if you decide to go that way.

I was in the same boat as you are, as my SDR also came without a fuel tank. However, with patience and perseverance on Yahoo Auctions, I now have two tanks - both in "solid" condition (i.e. not rusted through). Even with today's rising prices, you should be able to obtain a solid usable tank for less than 25000Yen. NOS tanks do crop up from time to time, but the final bid prices usually end up near (or over) 100000Yen.
I don't want to sell my spare tank, but if you need any more info, please let me know!

Regards,
James

EDIT: To periodically search Yahoo Auctions, you can use the following link for SDR fuel-tank-related stuff: http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search;_ylt=A7dPDi0hdMtYTUEAX2dAPDh8;_ylu=X3oDMTBiNzloa3JsBHZ0aWQDanBjMDAx?p=sdr&aq=-1&oq=&x=0&y=0&fixed=0&ei=UTF-8&slider=0&tab_ex=commerce&auccat=2084016531
However, also carry out a general search (http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?auccat=&tab_ex=commerce&ei=utf-8&aq=-1&oq=&sc_i=&fr=auc_top&p=sdr200&x=0&y=0&fixed=0) to cover anything which may be listed in the wrong category!
frankclock

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: NEW SDR Reply with quote

I picked both bikes up at the weekend & the painted bodywork today so now I have 1 good one with 5k on the clock & the other on missing tank and seat its not too bad but will perhaps be used as a spares bike or a parts trade model
If it ever stops raining I will post some photos
im getting it registered/taxed tomorrow so as soon as roads are dry it will be test time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: