Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

SDR FUEL TAP ISSUE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankclock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: SDR FUEL TAP ISSUE Reply with quote

I rode my newly aquired bike Today and was quite surprised at its performance
there are a couple of issues the main one being the fuel tap
when it is on the on position it goes for a few kilometers then runs out of fuel as soon as I put it on reserve its fine again
There is loads of fuel in the tank
any ideas on what is wrong ?I can always just run it on reserve
r3monkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try to remove the tap . i am guessing there might be a gauze filter like there is on my honda . it may have some thing blocking it.
SP_BOTT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's already a remote tap on the SDR, could be the rubber disc in the tap is wrong orientation, I'd probably run it empty, and blow back into the tank to see it the lines are blocked, can't remember if there are filters on each outlet or just one big one?? In which case check to make sure everything is the correct way round.

Just found this post, good write up from Arlurt on a similar prob with some good pics

http://diffrentstrokers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=807&sid=bcacd0698d67aa0eb27dc11dc2a26df8
frankclock

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: fuel tap Reply with quote

the problem is sorted

it needed more fuel in the tank
After being used to my other bike SRX 600 which has the same tap & fuel line system I just threw some petrol in to test my new bike BUT not enough
Everything is good now i,m just waiting for new pilot jets to arrive which should cure the rich mixture low down
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: