Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

New to site and 2 strokes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gholmes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: New to site and 2 strokes Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I have joined up as a sheep in search of a flock. I have recently washed up on a remote island (bought an MVX250F) and wondered if any other life exists Shocked . Iv always been a big fan of Honda but never owned a 2 stroke (don't boot me off just yet Rolling Eyes ) this caught my eye and i had to have it. The bike is great, rides lovely and will surely be cherished. What i did not bargain for is the lack of support available for these bikes, at the moment my bike needs for nothing however, i fear that if i use it too much and were to break it, one could swiftly become helically coiled. can anyone put my mind at ease ? Hiya ! . My usual Honda therapist (Mr Silver) has run for the hills Crying or Very sad
CD250
R6 5EB
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Thanks for introducing yourself straight away. Thumbs Up

You're right, there's not a lot of MVX's around, and not much info available for them. But if there's any, hopefully it's on here. I've never owned one, but I have done a couple of hundred miles on one which must make me something of a relative expert ? Laughing I've bought spares direct from Japan for one too, there's a bit of a following for them there. There's some acknowledgement on NSR World but I'm not sure if there any owners on their forum.

It's a Honda, therefore it'll never go wrong anyway. Which bike in this photo is dead and being recovered ?...

gholmes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Strokerboy, well you've ridden one about five times further than me or anyone else I know, in most fields that would render you expert 😎, I'll go with that!.I bought the bike based on the principal that it's a Honda therefore will operate for eternity with the occasional set of plugs and a loving smile but then I read about middle piston horrors 😳. Amazingly you can get cranks but that appears to be it..... I would really like a seat cowl for mine too. If anyone comes across anything then I would really appreciate a heads up.

Is anyone going to the squires 2 stroke meeting next month?, is it worth going?.
CD250
R6 5EB
Howie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but then I read about middle piston horrors

Hi & welcome to the forum gholmes. I'm pretty sure every old review of Kawasaki triples mentioned middle piston horrors?

Urban myths abound around a lot of bikes, my Kr1 should have thrown its ring pegs by now.... Maybe they did but you try to find a Kr1 on original pistons.

I think the Mvx is a wonderful looking bike, never ridden one as they're not very common Cool

Here's hoping its the start of another 2 stroke love affair
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a seat cowl and the optional radiator fairings for that MVX in the photo (which was owned by Darin at the time) from Yahoo Auctions Japan. That's going to be by far your best source of parts.

Mr.FFF is the resident MVX expert on here by the way - Ian, can you offer any advice ?

The Diffrent Strokers shop (a very grand name for just a small box in my garage Embarassed ) still has one MVX250F parts-book left, from a batch that Darin had professionally printed. Let me know if you want it and we'll sort something out.

A few of us usually go to the big 2-stroke meet at Squires in September. I'll probably be there on my LC again. Meet up, hang around admiring the bikes, then head off in a giant cloud of blue smoke for a thrash round the back roads. Great stuff. Pics from last year HERE. Bet you're the only one there on a MVX ! Cool
gholmes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I hope that everyone is well !.

I have a dilemma....... a few months ago I saw a piston kit on eBay for the MVX and whilst mine is fine I thought it might be prudent to have a set to future proof my bike.

One thing led to another and I ended up buying a complete registered mvx in bits along with more NOS parts than you can imagine. It all sounds great so far right?.

Problem is that I have everything stored at work (2 full pallets) and business is busy meaning that the space is now needed and with no foreseeable time to build the bike which I see as the only thing to do. I may have to extract my piston set and pass the rest onto someone with an abundance of what I do not have - time and space.

I’m reluctant to put it on EBay as I would like whoever it goes to, to appreciate what is there and come to view the lot before clicking a bid.

Does anyone on here fancy a look or is there a better forum to sell the bike on than eBay ?.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Glen - 07809134101
CD250
R6 5EB
andyw114
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Honda All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: