Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Zero Posters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Forum Support & Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R1Zman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys - its vital that forums like this continue to flourish - some people like to post for the sake of it which is fine by me - no-one has to read everything if they don't want to, whereas others may only post when they need a bit of help or advice. We're all bikers/2 stroke enthusiasts & it makes me fear for the future whats going to happen once we kids of the 70's & 80's have stretched our leathers one centimetre too far.

One thing's for sure - I don't see thousands of young bikers out there now racing round on future classics (how many times have we heard "the new LC" etc......even PB is using that one this month for the KTM390 which is beautiful but will sell about 3 if they are lucky!)

Sadly we are a dying breed, there isn't a bike shop in every town any more, & its thanks to the guys who run this forum to keep things together, even if we do probably appear a bit left field/underground which is no bad thing.

Enjoy whilst we can - & we will always have the memories to tell our kids when they buy their first vehicles - which will no doubt be solar panel powered covered 3 wheelers with black boxes downloaded direct to the local plods i-phone 25.

Bloody hell i'm depressed now - back to the garage then to start putting the R1-Z back together for teh first ride of the season (i've been ill - as you can tell.........) Puke
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haggler wrote:
I don't post much but it has got to be said not much changes on the site day to day. No ride outs, build stories events. How can people be expected to post if there is nothing to comment on.

Well, if you want something to read on here, somebody must have to write it first surely ? Any reason why that can't be you ? You must have something to share - we've met you, spoken to you and seen your cool bike, so tell us something about it and we'll all comment on that. You've proved you can string a few words together already. Very Happy

Haggler wrote:
Fine if you want to remove people but it is hardly friendly.

Zapping zero-posters is one way of weeding out the spambots and fake accounts that make the site slow and unreliable. Making just one post that says something like "Hi, I'm Bob, I ride a TZR" isn't too much to ask is it ? Eh?

Haggler wrote:
I thought when you ran your ride out the other month it might be the start of something but it seems to have gone quite quiet on here (Just my opinion not an attack on anyone ) Wave

Yeah, it was good and we'll do it again sometime. The idea was that it encouraged others to organise something similar themselves. This forum isn't a club or a business you know, it's just 2 people who live at opposite ends of the country and have lives to lead and full-time jobs to do like everyone else. So if we can get 20+ cool bikes to appear together at a pub somewhere, so can you. And you can use this place to help arrange it. And we'll turn up and join in if we possibly can. Cool

Are you coming to Cadwell in August ? That's one of our events. Two-day party with trackdays Sat/Sun, parade laps, bike clubs, camping, bands, bbq, and two great magazines joining in and sniffing round for feature bikes. Come along to that and we'll buy you a beer (offer open to Haggler only, proof of identity may be required Wink ).
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I'm probably one of the most rambling posters of utter tosh there is on this site...

Isn't that what it's for? Sometimes it gets peeps gassing..

I try and keep it 2stroke / smoking relevant ... Erm most of the time (apart from my Honda posts.. Lol)

I agree with Mr Admin, everyone who joins should be able to say a few words by way of introduction. If they don't want to - then perhaps they could contribute to the cost of the site instead.. I'm sure they can pay into a DS PayPal account in lieu of posting.. Yeah, they can pay my subs for meeeeeeeee Wink
Haggler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I cannot get to Cadwell as that weekend I'm celebrating my half century in the lakes . We've took over a youth hostel for the weekend and are having a blat about. (Prob going to be diesels mind)

Like I said was not attacking the site just dunno if deleting non posting users was the way to go. Very Happy
Norbo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and on the up side haggler it did get a response and got people talking LOL .

as I said just stick something up and you may get a response and it gets the ball rolling .
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eight people have joined the forum in the last 6 weeks. Not one has anything to say apparently.

You can read most of the stuff on here without logging in so they must only be interested in the For Sale ads. Or spammers.

Either way, the clock's ticking... Pest
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSBBadmin wrote:
Eight people have joined the forum in the last 6 weeks. Not one has anything to say apparently.

You can read most of the stuff on here without logging in so they must only be interested in the For Sale ads. Or spammers.

Either way, the clock's ticking... Pest

Zap....zap....zap....zap....zap....zap....zap....zap.... Surprised)
jim157

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salute Salute Salute Salute Salute Salute Salute Salute
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they haven't replied to your message of warning, maybe we should release them from their contract. Wink
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am guilty of lurking around on these forums, but even i will say something even if its just to take the mick!
I cant see the point in zero posters, they obviously dont have enough passion or they would get at least a bit involved
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New members who've joined but have yet to post anything : please make the effort to at least introduce yourself.

You don't have to tell us your name, whereabouts or what bikes you've got, unless you want to. We get that you've probably just joined so you can see the For Sale ads, or PM specific members asking if any of their Gag bikes are for sale. Rolling Eyes But surely you can manage to type "I'm Bazza and I used to have a Fizzy" or similar ?

The success or otherwise of this forum depends 100% on the members posting content. Otherwise we might as well just switch it off. I feel a zero-posters cull coming on... Taunt
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too right mr Admin Sir.l please don't switch off Rolling Eyes Wink
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO NOT SWITCH OFF!!!!!!!
Sorry had yo be a caps lock moment then, just make it a bit trickier to get an account
im with ts in the rambling message way but enjoy this site and the contributions I make and the repkies and articles on here too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Forum Support & Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: