Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

MOTOBI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikebiketoys

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: MOTOBI Reply with quote

MOTOBI hi all, I just joined after seeing the stand at Donington. I have a Motobi 250. It a recent buy and sort of runs but none of the electrics work (lights horn etc), so it's a bit of a project I guess. The Motobi 250 is a 70's 2 stroke twin - about 30 bhp. It came about as there was a falling out within the Benelli family and one of the brothers left to form Motobi. He build a few designs of his own but later produced a leicensed copy of the Benelli 250 - there was a Moto Guzzi version too as Benelli and Moto Guzzi were both under De Tomossa ownership. Anyway it's a pretty cool bike and I'm looking forward to getting it to a show soon.Hopefully meet some of you there.
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike. I spoke to you at Donington, you told me about your bike. Thanks for joining up and posting straight away. Thumbs Up

There's not a lot of Italian bikes on this forum, but that's not because we don't like 'em ! We love all the obscure stuff, so we're looking forward to seeing yours on here. And we'd love to display it at a future show too, it should get a lot of attention.

Cheers, Tim.
andyw114
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great bike.
Mikebiketoys

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: MOTOBI Reply with quote

As I mentioned in my original post, some electical issues - what can you say, a 1970's Italian bike - pure nostalga! Anyway my feeble attempts have met with no success, so it's off to DJ's in Lincoln and no doubt a quick fix. We'll see. I bought the bike for a mix of nostalgic reasons mixed the wish for something unusual - it's certainly that! Anyway , i'll keep you update and possibly post a photo or two if I can work out how to do it.
emzedder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motobi have nice engine styling, electricals were the achilles heel of many Italian makes. I had two Itom fifties at different times, one original hand change, the other foot lever.

Nice to see some pics.
Mikebiketoys

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Baron Frankenstein famously said = IT LIVES!! yes the Motobi is running ok-ish - even the lights/ horn work and it has an MOT which means that we're pretty much legal!..... BLIMEY!! So......... anybody up at Matlock Bath (local bike venue) next weekend, look out for the mighty Motobi !! (it'll be in a cloud of blue smoke)
As an aside, does anyone know how to get photos onto here? (pse bear in mind that I'm computerdly challe3nged).
Mike
Howie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
bear in mind that I'm computerdly challe3nged).

Me too Mike, however........

You need to sign up for one of the photo hosting sites (is that right? Is that what they are called?) like Photobucket(grrr) or Imgur.

Upload your pics to the site....... then basically you're on your own

Laughing

Hope this helps?

Seriously though, have a look in support & suggestions under photobucket users. I've given James P advice on posting pics using Imgur.

It works fine for me, I hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: