Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

SDR 200 IGNITION SETTING

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankclock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: SDR 200 IGNITION SETTING Reply with quote

I have been wanting to check the timing on my bike
I cannot see any marks on the flywheel can someone point me in the right direction as to what to look for
Thanks
James P

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank,

I think (from memory) I made my own marks on the flywheel and a small dot punch on the side cover gasket face.

I put the dot punch mark in an arbitrary place on the gasket face close to the flywheel periphery where I could easily see it, then (with the cylinder head off), I used a dial gauge to mark the flywheel for TDC and a couple of suitable points on the ignition curve.

With the engine running, it was possible (using a strobe light) to see the ignition timing varying with engine speed.

Regards,
James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: