Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Hi from another ar125 fan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SmokerMatt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Hi from another ar125 fan Reply with quote

Hi, I found this forum while searching for ar125 projects, I have a Jap domestic market A6 which apart from the some touch up paint on the swing arm is totally original and has only covered a couple of thousand miles, I had the same bike when I was 17 but in restricted form but I had an accident and unfortunately the bike was written off, ever since then I've been waiting for a mint ar to turn up and that's when I found the A6 on eBay, I am now even more obsessed about ars and it would be great to meet some other fans!
I will post some pictures shortly
bobbyboy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum Hiya !
SmokerMatt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Howie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully some of the AR owners will start posting again because at one point it was all Ar posts! Laughing

Love to see pics of your AR, I have one that is a complete mess but it will have to wait until I finish the NS125.
SmokerMatt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Howie

I have been trying to follow the instructions on how to upload photos, no joy at the minute but I will try again, I'm not great at computers.
SmokerMatt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some photos of my bike, now ive had a look at some of the other ar's on the forum mine dosnt seem to be as mint as I first thought but it is unrestored.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/B3dXbsLG9pAk4bWY7
Howie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
now ive had a look at some of the other ar's on the forum mine dosnt seem to be as mint as I first thought but it is unrestored.

It looks bloody lovely though Matt. I'm sure Top shaggy* would agree?

*Top shaggy - Ar125 guru - the man to ask about AR125s
SmokerMatt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Howie, appreciated

Good to know Top Shaggy is the man to go to for ar's , most people I've spoken to haven't even heard of the ar's let alone know everything about them most had RD's etc.
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Matt, you should fit right in. Very Happy

Your AR looks ace. Quite a few AR owners on here. Cool
SmokerMatt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers DSBBadmin
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

Well what a beauty.. fantastic to see another AR surface and even better its one of the rarer A models too. Brilliant find.

Plenty of AR interest on here and Howie was being far too generous.
If you ever need anything ask away, AR125s are my favourite subject (and they are way better than those pesky RDs.. Laughing )

Looks like you have a slight leak on the oil pump? If its coming from the base of the tacho cable (tachometer drive off the pump) thats a usual problem when the bike has been stood and not used for long periods. Let us know and we will see if we can help.

Worth putting your battery overflow into the correct hole (directly below in a straight line) and extending the pipe below to miss your swing arm and exhaust. The acid if it spills will damage your lovely swing arm paint..

Oh um... can you tell im a bit of an AR geek... hahaha

Hope you enjoy the bike. I wager you will get more attention out on the AR than any MotoGP rep. You just dont see that many around anymore and your is a particularly nice one

Thumbs Up
SmokerMatt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Top-shaggy, thanks for the heads up the on the leak but I think it's just were I emptied a can of ACF50 over the bike, I will check though, yes I need to re route the battery overflow I completely missed that, you do know your ar's , I see you have quite a few your self , they look really nice !

I couldn't believe the amount of attention the bike gets when I'm out on it, some fella on a R1 was sitting at the traffic lights with me, he flipped his visor and just said "Nice" and rode off .

I only have one real problem with the bike, it keeps missing when I kick her over, it sounds like some teeth maybe missing off the Gear-spur kick ? or Gear-spur idle ?, I've order both as well as the shaft and guide from CMS so hopefully I can fix the problem.

The part I can not find anywhere is the tail fairing & lid I need this because I'm replacing all my fairing and storing it away safe, I'm just missing a fuel tank and then I'll have a complete set of plastics which I will have sprayed Black with a green strip going along the sides or have the complete bike racing green exactly the same color as the Triumph thruxton green to replace the original fairing, decisions decisions
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh... the infamous tail fairing and tail cover are a bugger to find now as most are damaged. Interesting your putting fairings and tank away for safe keeping. Not many do that, the bike is sure to be spoilt Wink

Yes sounds like your on the right track with kick start gears. The spring can become weak over time too but yours has low mileage so should be ok

Good luck with the kick start and will keep eye out for rear fairings for you Very Happy
SmokerMatt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for keeping an eye out for the rear fairing for me, appreciated

Re changing the fairing, ok I know is a bit obsessive but the bikes are getting so rare now and I've waited so long to find the right bike, I don't wont to constantly worry about someone hitting it, robbing the side panels etc.

If the wife would let me it would be in front room in a plastic box !
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmokerMatt wrote:

If the wife would let me it would be in front room in a plastic box !

HAHA

I'm liking you even more now Laughing

Where are you located Matt? I'm in NE Derbyshire and there are a few AR125 owners around east Midlands
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Kawasaki All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: