Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

MVX250

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonvista

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: MVX250 Reply with quote

Hi I'm new to the site but I'm lucky enough to own a few Honda 2 strokes. i'm doing a top end overhaul on my MVX at the moment, as it was losing compression on the middle cylinder. it's an early model with the 18mm piston pin. The replacement piston I have is teflon coated, 14mm pin type. I have just about everything except for the collar which fits the 14mm gudgeon pin and the 18mm id bearing. I know it's a long shot but does anyone have one? They have them on the shelf in Ukraine but don't post abroad!
It took 3 years to collect a full set of +0.25 pistons, rings and gaskets. It's a shame to be stuck on one part. I have the means to make one from en36 and have it case hardened, but it would help if I knew the length.
On a slightly different subject I see CMSL now list the MVX so all the diagrams and a few parts are available.
James P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: MVX250 Reply with quote

simonvista wrote:
They have them on the shelf in Ukraine but don't post abroad!

Shocked They must be too busy supplying the local market demand for MVX250 top piston pin collars!

Initially, I wasn't sure what you meant by the 'collar', but I have looked at the parts diagram and see it now - a bit of a strange set-up where the pin goes through the collar. Is there any provision for the collar-pin interface to be lubricated?

Sorry I can't help with the collar (...unless you can find one in Australia), but I'd be interested to see photos of the bike and learn whatever you can tell us about it.

Regards,
James
James P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that CMSNL has one complete MVX crankshaft in stock:

Surely a bargain at 1844EUR/1564GBP/2043USD/2988AUD... Shocked

Regards,
James
simonvista

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The collar is a fit on the gudgeon pin in much the same way as the gudgeon is a fit in the piston. The collar then turns in the little end bearing as normal. My bike was fitted with an 18mm pin, the improved piston uses a 14mm pin, the collar allows the use of the 18 x 22mm little end bearing originally fitted. Complicated I know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Honda All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: