Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Hey admin, how's about a nice refreshing cull?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject: Hey admin, how's about a nice refreshing cull? Reply with quote

As an avid reader of Diff'rent Strokers I think it may be time for a good old fashioned culling.

So come on admin, cull away Naughty
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here...honest 😁

If I could sort out my fall out with Fookbucket I would be more active.
(Please dont google that Shocked )

I'm still polluting the planet
SP_BOTT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top-shaggy wrote:

If I could sort out my fall out with Fookbucket I would be more active.

I logged into my account last week as kept getting 'the' email. I dont have thousands of pics, approx 500ish over several albums, I only deleted about 30 blurry/useless etc pics, and am now apparently under the limit, (is it 34Mb) not sure if you can work that out to a photo count?

So still using them at the moment.
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Hey admin, how's about a nice refreshing cull? Reply with quote

Howie wrote:
As an avid reader of Diff'rent Strokers I think it may be time for a good old fashioned culling.

So come on admin, cull away Naughty

Who are we culling ? Eh?

We occasionally delete members who've joined the site but have never posted anything. We're not convinced that actual people lie behind these accounts anyway. There are a few 'zero-posters' whose accounts remain active, because we know who they are and that they have a valid reason to be here.

Recent new-joiners have posted stuff straight away, which is good. Thumbs Up

So, a cull isn't going to breathe new life into the site, if that's what you're after. But feel free to stimulate a bit of conversation by telling us what you're up to with your own bikes, start a new thread if necessary, as long as it's relevant we'll join in. Very Happy
Howie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Who are we culling ? Eh?

Hopefully no one? I was having a laugh Rolling Eyes

Quote:
So, a cull isn't going to breathe new life into the site, if that's what you're after. But feel free to stimulate a bit of conversation by telling us what you're up to with your own bikes, start a new thread if necessary, as long as it's relevant we'll join in.

But that is a fair point Thumbs Up
emzedder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo upload capability would make a huge difference ... it's such a faff to do so.
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emzedder wrote:
Photo upload capability would make a huge difference ... it's such a faff to do so.

Acknowledged. Thumbs Up

There are no plans to change this site in the short term, it takes very little effort to run and doesn't cost a lot to host either. And frankly, that's the way I like it - there's just one person doing this, and my full-time job means I work 12 days out of every 14. If someone wants to take it all over, bring it up to date and run it, I'll hand it over in a flash, but I can't afford the time to do it myself, sorry. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: