Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

RD350LC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: RD350LC Reply with quote

Retrieved my 350LC from the back of the garage to fit new tyres for the Cadwell track day,if it goes ahead.

Not used it for a while,dosnt time fly.
emzedder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, my later father managed a Yam dealership when they first came out. He bought a brand new one in blue scheme, he brought it home and I had a ride on it and I just could not believe it. Such a lovely machine. My son bought a 250 basket case when he was 17, and was riding it by time he was 18 he's 34 now and still owns it.
andy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also found these, Allspeed pro bars with clock protectors, think a bought these about 20 years ago from an auto jumble, new never been fitted.

bobbyboy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tidy LC there, hope you get the chance to ride it this year.

I must own up, I've never owned one, even after all the bikes I've had over the years........
The closest I've come to it was a couple of F2's, but they're obviously not an 'original' LC.
I do have a look occasionally but I think I've missed the boat with the prices they go for now.

As for the Probars, I had them on my RD125LC back in 1985, and l luckily never had to test them!
SP_BOTT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a nice decent bike, didn't you have Allspeeds fitted previously?
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Andy, it's in the fastest colours too! Wink
emzedder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jury was always out on whether the 250 was sweeter, I find them every bit as good and track dayed a race bike back in early 2000's. It had been gotten at by a local tuner so had a wafer thin band but the Bronco rider was fun.
andy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had expansion chambers on while I have owned it, now that I have a bit of spare time I will tell the story about the LC, You may or may not believe.
Back 1983 I went to my first TT with my brother on our restored Suzuki T200 invaders. The place was full of LC's, well impressed at there speed and handling I decided to buy one when we got back home. So I bought one out of Auto Mart for £650 with 7000 miles and a non std paint.Yes I still have the Auto Mart, Should have bought that FS!E aswell !!!

This was 1985 and I had added the rack and bellpan and some chrome.
Anyway my brother and his mates were planning a trip to Spain on the bikes so I decided to sell the LC and the T200 and bought an 1100 katana.I sold the LC to somebody at the opposite side of Manchester never to be seen again,and the T200 went up to the north east. So in 1986 I went to Spain on the Katana. A couple of years later while at Queens park motors in Salford I bumped into the lad who bought the LC, he sold the LC and bought a brand new RG250. Anyway fast forward to around 1996 and my brother said he has seen my old LC in Bolton with a girl riding it.The following year while at the TT I spotted my LC parked up at the Ramsey sprint,I hung around for about an hour but she never came back so I left a note on the seat with my phone no if she would sell it. 18 months later I get a phone call do I still want to buy it. So I go to have a look at it and she said you are not the person I bought it from, she bought it from someone who lived not half a mile from my house. I give her £1250 and on the way home found it was a bit bent,I had to have the frame straightened and some fresh forks and yolks. this is what it looked like in 1998.

When the log book came back I was now the 12th owner, I paid DVLA £5 for its full history to see where it has been, it has been in the northwest all its life with 2 owners at the same address the fourth owner was the same name as my chiropractor, he said his brother used it.A few years later I put it on show on the VJMC stand at the Manchester GMEX bike show with all its log books and as well as the girl another owner spotted his log book and later sent me some pictures of it when he first got it.

It still has the original engine and runs spot on, though I would suspect it has been rebuilt a few times. Oh that T200 I sold, I bought that back as well,and I still own the 1100 katana, see I new you would not believe me.
R1Zman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, we still don't believe you passed up on the Fizzy...... Salute
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
...I paid DVLA £5 for its full history...

I did this with my KR250's, fascinating to find out where they'd been. Managed to speak to the original owner of one of them, he still had some spare parts in his shed. Very Happy

Can't do it now though. Damn you , GDPR ! Bang Head
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: