Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

RG400

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cexley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: RG400 Reply with quote

I have a JDM RG400 Gamma in mint original unmoleseted condition. It goes like stink up to 11k redline and then loses power on the next gear change. It feels like a fuel restriction to the float bowls, as backing off for few secs let’s the fuel flow catch up and it’s off like a scalded cat again. I’ve treble checked float heights, fitted Mark Dents float bowl ball valve upgrades, new OEM fuel tap and fuel lines and it STILL does it. Makes overtaking very unpredictable and dangerous. As far as I know, the JDM RG400 isn’t restricted, so any ideas? I’m running stock pipes and air box. Basically, bike is standard apart from float valve upgrade, which is to cure a known problem with RG400/500’s float valves leaking. They are also supposed to improve fuel flow, so not sure what the root cause is.
TDR250 1KT
KR1 250
andy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the fuel tank venting ok
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: