Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

AR125 OIL LEAK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SmokerMatt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:04 am    Post subject: AR125 OIL LEAK Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm after some advice regarding a two stroke oil leak I found on my ar, the leak is coming from between the valve cover and the engine case, I'm in the process of ordering the special removal tool for the stator , once this has been removed from what I understand there is an 0-ring in situ, could this be the cause of the leak or could it be caused by a crank seal ?

Also if I removed the stator would I need to reset the ignition timing ?

Any advice would be great !
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

It's very unusual to get a 2 stroke oil leak in that location and suggests the large O ring between the RRIS casing and engine is not sealed.

Does the engine run? Have you noticed an air leak in the same place?

Have you got got 2 stroke in your gearbox? Is it leaking into the generator cover?

You can remove the flywheel with a air socket easily without the flywheel holding tool but worth having one anyway just get an adjustable one.

Stator can be removed and refitted without concern over timing. Im presuming its the later version with a pick up?

The screws holding the Stator and rris casing can be a pain if stuck. Take your time with these.

Let us know how you get on. Happy to help Very Happy
SmokerMatt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the reply

Regarding the oil, I'm presuming it's two stroke ? I use Nano Tech 4+ for the gearbox and RS 959 for the two stroke , they are both blue in colour so it's hard to work out what oil it is, I guess it could be gearbox oil coming through the crank seal but the engine is running sweet no problems at all

Regarding the two stroke in the gearbox, no

I did have a small amount of oil in the generator cover though, and yes it's later version with the pick up

I will sent an update once I have the Stator off, thanks for the advice about the air socket !

Cheers
SmokerMatt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you were right Top-shaggy it was the large O-ring that was causing the leak, on inspection it was almost completely flat so no wonder it was leaking though the case, I'm not really surprised it lost it's shape after 32 years though

I also changed the crank seal while I had everything apart

The hardest part was using the flywheel removal tool, it just would not come off I had to use a hammer on the T-bar to remove it , the main nut was actually easy to remove with the flywheel holder.

Thanks for the advice !
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!

Pleased you got it sorted out. Brilliant
The flywheel can stick after many years, sometimes jammed on the woodruff key.
I'm glad you got flywheel off without damaging the magnets... got the tshirt in the past knocking the flywheel loose but damaged the magnets... lesson learned

Hope it's running well now
Top stuff Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Kawasaki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: