Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

RG250GAMMA MK3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OLIVERSDAD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: RG250GAMMA MK3 Reply with quote

Hi all, i'm a new member and just bought myself an mk3 gamma that needs some lovin. Hoping to restore it to original and relive my 80's teen years when i had to settle for an old vf400 with plastic cams and could only dream about a gamma!
Anyone out there own one or know of any contacts/links for this bike? Any info/advice appreciated. thanks...
Matt
Craigside_Pete
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome... have you been away or just riding Honda 4T's all this time???

250 Gamma's are really the forgotten stroker so while there are quite a few about, there isn't much on the net.

RGV.net has just started an RG forum and is quite technically minded and of course you can try here [but are fewer in numbers!]

I'd start by identifying exactly what mk3 you have as there are a few mechanical detail differences between F, G and H models.

I don't know much about mk3's but i'd start of by acquiring a works workshop manual from ebay and trying to find a parts fiche on CD.

Advice :
- I'd start with a clear idea of what you want [NOS/ Stock/Runner/Modified] and stick with it. [by which I mean don't buy NOS parts and then realise you'll have to spray some panels to complete the set or spend time unting for MC parts and then decide you'd just be better off buying something from a modern bike]
- If it ain't broke...don't fix it, but when you do remember most will try and sell you an RG250 part without knowing the huge amount of changes that went into it over its short life!
- ebay is a good supply but don't go mad...there will be more along [even the NOS bits]. most bits will be mis-described and will have led a hard life. It also doesn't hurt to ask people advertising RG parts...some people won't list all there stuff cos it isn't a great seller.
- enjoy it!

Good luck [and of course, post a piccy!]
rg250 screamer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: rg250 Reply with quote

good choice of bike mate iv got two rg250s one stock as a rock the other iv built from scratch!there a brilliant little machine and if looked after they are bullit proof! just dont over rev them as they have a tendancy to spit out there piston rings!! doh! iv got a suzuki set up/service manuel and they are the best place to start and they tell you absolutely everythin you need to know. if you want any info thats in it just give me a shout
aden
OLIVERSDAD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: RG250GAMMA MK3 INFO Reply with quote

THANKS FOR YOUR INFO/ADVICE CHAPS. I WILL POST A PIC BEFORE I START WORK ON IT. KEEP YOU INFORMED OF PROGRESS AND POST A PIC OF THE FINISHED BIKE(MAY BE A WHILE FOR THAT ONE!) WHEN I'M HAPPY WITH IT.
I STARTED WITH BIKES IN 84 WHEN I WAS 17, RIDING A CB125T DREAM TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH MY MATE ON A MBX125F. THEN ONTO THE VF400F,CBR6,GSXR750,GPX750,BANDITS,FIRESTORM,SP1 AND FINALLY A YAM XT660X 2 YEARS AGO.
MY FIRST CHILD LANDED IN MY ARMS LAST YEAR AT THE AGE OF 40, SO NOW BIKES ARE A BIT ON THE SIDE FOR ME. JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST 2 STROKE AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS - THE VERY BIKE I DROOLED OVER AT 19 BUT COULDN'T AFFORD. THE RG250 IS MY ESCAPE BACK TO THE 80S MEMORIES. HAPPY DAYS...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: