Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

RG250GAMMA MK3 WALTER WOLF
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OLIVERSDAD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: RG250GAMMA MK3 WALTER WOLF Reply with quote

HI ALL, MY RG IS IS A DARK BLUE WALTER WOLF LTD EDITION. THE BODYWORK NEEDS SOME ATTENTION HERE AND THERE, ESPECIALLY THE TOP FAIRING. ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET A PAINT MATCH TO RESPRAY SOME AREAS? ALSO NEED SOME NEW STRIPES/DECALS ON IT. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF GETTING THESE? MAY HAVE TO REPLACE TOP FAIRING. ANY REPLACEMENT SUPPLIERS RECOMMENDED? THANKS...
MATT.
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any good paint supplier should be able to match the paint and there are plenty of companied who do motorcycle graphics. Image works in Beeston (notts) have a good reputation.

got any pics you can post up?
Craigside_Pete
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd talk locally and find out who does good localised repairs - if you've got a secondhand car place near by, ask who they use. Top fairing may also be repairable by same people using the techniques they do on car bumpers!

The graphics may be difficult to find as the Walter Wolf editions weren't a UK option so not many people will have them in their 'store' of images. You might want to try at a local "Van vinyl sign" place and ask their advice or see if you can find a racer with good vinyl graphics and find out where they get theirs done. I was surprise at how "reasonable" it was to do vinyl from scratch using your old panels as a template! [so don't go doing any prep work until you've replaced the graphics you need to]

I've got a feeling that your stripes might be difficult to match [they are gold aren't they?] so you might be looking total repaint/re-graphic rather than just local patching.

Robinsons Foundry may have the odd NOS piece but I doubt something as consumable as a top fairing and almost certainly not in WW colours. There's an ebay place in Singapore that occasionaly has NOS bodywork for RG's [can't remember their name off hand]. The situation is markedly different for RG's compared to something ubiquitous like an 80's Honda CB750/900F where all the bodywork is available NOS in a variety of colours just by a bit of gentle looking Sad
OLIVERSDAD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

thanks for the replies/info chaps. i will look into it. i will post a pic of the bike soon. trying to get it running ok. seems to be running on one pot at moment (r side exhaust cold/no smoke.) and soon dies after a few minutes running.
would it be ok to fit a slightly larger rear tyre? the standard one is so skinny! thanks...
Matt
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For replacement stickers try: Morgan race products in daybrook, notts. www.morgandesigns.com
They have fairly recently done a set a graphics for a MK4 RG250 walter wolf and might still have the designs on file.
OLIVERSDAD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: WALTER WOLF PROJECT Reply with quote

HERE'S A PIC OF MY RG250 WALTER WOLF PROJECT READY TO START WORK ON...p
p
OLIVERSDAD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOT NEW DECALS FOR FAIRING SORTED FROM IMAGE WORKS. WILL GET A PAINT MATCH SOON FOR NEW TOP FAIRING. GOT ENGINE RUNNING JUST ABOUT OK. THINK CARBS/JETS MAY NEED A SERVICE. THINKING OF FITTING A SLIGHTLY LARGER REAR TYRE IF I CAN GET AWAY WITH IT. NEEDS A FEW OTHER BITS AND A GOOD CLEAN BUT I'L GET THERE...
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good, Personally I wouldn't bother with a larger than standard rear tyre, the standard tyre sizes are fine unless you are regularly grinding away the pegs/exhausts/bellypan on corners.
walter

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Walter Wolf RG's Reply with quote

I have a couple of WW RG250's, one is a Jap import Mk4 same colours as yours, the other is a FG model in the silver WW colours. They are being merged into one bike. Both sets of bodywork are tatty, the blue one has some very amateur repairs, the silver one just has some breaks. I prefer the silver, so I want to get the bodywork repaired and resprayed by a professional. Any good body repair/paintwork places near Leeds?
Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLIVERSDAD wrote:
GOT NEW DECALS FOR FAIRING SORTED FROM IMAGE WORKS. WILL GET A PAINT MATCH SOON FOR NEW TOP FAIRING. GOT ENGINE RUNNING JUST ABOUT OK. THINK CARBS/JETS MAY NEED A SERVICE. THINKING OF FITTING A SLIGHTLY LARGER REAR TYRE IF I CAN GET AWAY WITH IT. NEEDS A FEW OTHER BITS AND A GOOD CLEAN BUT I'L GET THERE...

There was a Jap market Mk4 I believe that had a 120 section rear tyre, and 3 spoke wheels, stock tyre is 110 aint it?

GS500 wheels can be made to fit, not sure about the front brakes tho, GS's only come with single disk as stock but have mounting for a second disk, the calipers may prove tricky......I dont know if Walters bike has 6 or 3 spokes? I've seen pics of a MK4, but that one wasn't a WW model.

http://www.rg250.co.uk
Craigside_Pete
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Jarmo Haapamäki "Suzuki' site:

This shows the JDM H model as having a 120/80 17 inch rear wheel [in three solid spokes, a bit like an RGV]
[Walter mentioned his bike's an H model with three spokes on another site]
walter

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine looks just like that Pete, well almost, it will if I spend thousands on the bodywork!! The rear tyre is a 180/20-17 which is easy to get hold of, the front is a 110/80-16 which is impossible to get hold of. I think that size was specially made by Bridgestone for the RG. A 100/90-16 looks OK, I have read somewhere that early GSXR400 wheels will fit, but I wouldn't want a 17 inch at the front.
I'll post some pics of my RG's next time I can find a spare day to work on them, maybe the week after next. Take a close look at the pic of the JDM RG, another difference is the front mudguard and fork brace, means that if I want the silver FG bodywork on my JDM FH I'll have to get the mudguard re-sprayed.
Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the front brakes bigger on that JDM WW too Question

http://www.rg250.co.uk
Craigside_Pete
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking : bigger discs + larger forks [38mm] + different yokes. I'm also thinking that front wheel might have a larger front rim width as well!

Walter - a 180/20 rear tyre sounds rather wide? - you making a drag bike Shocked

I remember thinking, when the 16 inch fad passed, "how long will we have front tyres available?" - you have a tough choice there: You're going to lose some front grip there with the narrower width. Seems anything in 110 with a lower profile than 90 is a moped tyre! Have you considered going to a 110/90 (or 120/80) and dealing with the larger rolling diameter?

Last year of the GK71B GSX-R400's had wheels that looked like yours, but as you say, the fronts are 17 inch. The earlier ones have 16 inch twin spoke wheels similar to a mk1-3 RG250. Some bits of thse bikes look really tempting donor parts [like locksets and switchgear]...but be warned, they aren't useable without work!
Craigside_Pete
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I've always fancied a Walter wolf RG250 as its the closest I'll get to driving one of these! :
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: