Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

mikuni carb cleaning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
350fan

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: mikuni carb cleaning Reply with quote

HI all, I'm looking to clean up the outside of some suzuki / mikuni carbs, they have a few years of petrol/oil grime on them as usual.

I'd use a vapour blaster if I could afford it, but I'm looking to use any tios from you gguys on a home solution to get them back to a good original condition.

I've bought a small ultrasonic cleaner but no idea what solution to use, or if theres any other way of getting them clean.

I've used a toothbrush and solvol autosol, but dosnt seem to get a great finish.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Smoke Em !!!!!!
Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are mine, cleaned by Motalia, lovely finish. All hoses and clips replaced, and ALL of the screws replaced with Stainless Steel, even the tamper proof torx button heads.......the carbs were then sprayed with ACF 50, (a highly regarded anti-corrosion treatment) to preserve that finish. I love em.

The dish washer got em clean, initially, but the alloy went really dull looking, just a case of polishing them, but there's loadsa nooks and crannies to get into.....

http://www.rg250.co.uk
walter

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Motalia do all the hoses and screws or did you have to do that yourself? I've got a load of new bits such as needle valves, jet needles, needle jets etc and I'm wondering whether to attempt a refurb job myself or send them to professionals.
Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hoses and clips are Genuine (despite being PINK!!) from Robinsons Suzuki, and the screws I sourced off the internet, only fitted those tamper proof things so they looked original. The choke lever and throttle stop screws were replated in yellow zinc. The jets were soaked in thinners to ensure they are clean....I'll look out the invoice later and let you know what the cleaning cost......

http://www.rg250.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: