Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

I have tits and ride a stroker....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Thats well funny........

http://www.rg250.co.uk
physiogixer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a few things have been done since last writing....

1) - Goodridge to front (got the back but not done it yet)

2) - HH Carbon Lorraine pads

3) - GSXR1000K7 radial master cylinder and lever

4) - Exhausts painted black to hide horrible silver colour as before

5) - Home made tail tidy and butchered (soldering iron and wasing up bowl to fill in the holes) mudflap / numberplate surround, plus mini indicators.

6) - Replaced most of the blue adonised bolts for S/S ones that arn't made out of cheese.

7) - Pumped the tyres up (went out when first had it and didn't check tyre pressure, just hopped on and rode it like an excited school kid - thought it haldled a bit funny....)

Good enough to chuck you over the handlebar when you sneeze on the lever now.....went out yesterday on it, brakes are awsome - I forgot how good they were on 2T's, but this set up at te front is mega, literally 1 finger braking to do endo's. Best mod ever.

Booked in to racing Lines for the following:-

New Dunlop 207R tyres

Suspension service front and back

Bracket to hold reservoir - cable-tied to handlebars at present...

This will be a road bike mostly for this year, with a view to buying a tatty fairing to race a few rounds at Mallory. It will also be tracked a few times by both of us (I'm itching to get back on a 2T after so long off them). Next year it will be a track only toy and hopefully we'll both do a full season on it. The 300cc big bore kit also sounds tempting....

Once it's been lobbed we have a pearescent white paintjob in store for it, with white wheels.

By lisamikeeuan

By lisamikeeuan

By lisamikeeuan

By lisamikeeuan

Some action shots to follow when I've got time - hope to be at Mallory in next few weeks to see how it goes properly, the brakes are now awsome on it. Had new Dunlop 207GP's put on since photos were taken, nice and sticky.....
physiogixer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...

Just after my last post Mike smashed himself up pretty bad on the CBR - split liver, kidney split into 3 pieces, 3 broken ribs, damaged lung and torn tendons in shoulder. Bike a write off but he's back to normal now and waiting for final operation on shoulder to tack muscles back onto bones.

Did Mallory at long last yesterday, rained pretty much all day and only got 2 sessions in - bike started playing up on ride there - missing on one cylinder.

Not many action shots I'm afraid, as bike and weather against us.

Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad Mike is on the mend, he sounds lucky to be still in one piece!

http://www.rg250.co.uk
physiogixer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Me lining up to go out again on the Nurburgring!!!!! Reply with quote

Crofty wrote:
Glad Mike is on the mend, he sounds lucky to be still in one piece!

Thanks Crofty, he's now all OK since final operation last September. A very lucky boy indeed - another bullet dodged there. He has now lost his spleen, stomach and 1 kidney to motorbikes, all from 2 road accidents and never on track despite some spectacular get offs (like 120mph into wall at Mallory hairpin...)

Happy New year everyone, apologies for not being on line much but with everything that happened last year we just lay low for a while. 5 deaths, 2 accidents, my bike destroyed itself at Mallory last Aug - we had Rob at racing Lines look at it, he pulled the engine to bits and it's a mess. This bike had done 450miles since it's rebuild, that was one of the reasons why we bought it. Stan Stephens re-nickosiled the barrels and supplied the bits, a bike shop assembled it. However, for some reason it has RGV 1989 barrels and Aprilia pistons - we have been told that the pistons are slightly taller so with this clouting the head would have caused detonation, which has also pulled the nickosil off te barrel....either way, we're not impressed! If Stan supplied all the bits (there is a bill for £1,200 for both barrels re-nickosil and all bits to assemble), surely he should have known that Aprilia pistons won't go in early RGV engines? Or the bike shop should have specified the correct items? ANyway, someone made a mistake and we now have to re-build the engine. Ho hum...here's to this year.

Flounders wrote:
Quote:
Me lining up to go out again on the Nurburgring, this time in the old crap car (now sold for an Astra GSi as slow as anything)

2 questions:

1/ Why dont you have a helmet on?
2/ Is your head stuck out the sunroof?

Flounders - Yes, I should have had a crash helmet on, no excuses there.

As to question 2 - what do I say? We both work hard and play hard. We both work full time and both enjoy track time. Mike used to get paid to race so rides at a reasonable level, but there are plenty of people out there who ride faster than him and he's not infallible as last year proved. We both ride on track - I'm a sidecar passenger this year in a 600cc outfit, as soon as the season starts I'll let you know what tracks (Midlands area prob as not sure on what club we're joining yet but imagine it will be Darley Moor and EMRA) so you can see for yourself. We both do trackdays and both go to the Nurburgring several times a year and have organised trips for novices many times, at no cost to us - we enjoy it so much so when people say they wish they could go but haven't a clue about it, we'll get a group together (usually friends of friends who also want to go), we organise it as it's no hassle to book 2 or 20 places by e-mail in the hotel, ferry...etc....and they then use their credit card to pay - we don't make any money on the trips but a lot of people get a lot of enjoyment out of it, and we enjoy that and get satisfaction out of it, plus we have learnt where to stay, what route to take there, and made many mistakes but if we can help others what's wrong with that? Some are now frequent regulars.

The MR2 was a big let down - it looked nice but the Astra we had before was a much better car on track - where we incidently spend a lot of our time. As I said earlier, we both work hard and play hard. There are plenty of other peple out there who work harder and play harder, we like to share our experiances with like minded people, and have met some good friends along the way. If others wish to try what we do then we will give as much help and advice as possible to fulfil their dreams - we once dreamt of going to the Nurburgring and you never forget your first trip, I hope others who we help and have helped have the same amount of fun as we do.

Anyway, I hope your mood inproves with the new year. We had a disastrous one last year (emotionally and financially with Mike not working due to his accident), but there is always someone else worse off than you - we have a roof and food in this cold weather. The RS is being re-built by Rob who has sourced a Aprilia engine for it, and hope to get it back end of Feb - told him no rush for it. If anyone wants some suspension or 2 stroke advice, I highly recommend Racing Lines in Derby:-

http://www.racinglines.co.uk/

Tell him Lisa and Mike sent you and he'll double the price...

Good luck on track for those of you riding on one, any trackdays planned for this year by anyone?
Wb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work physiogixxer! I hope Mr. Physiogixxer is well on the road to recovery now.

Not sure if many of the chaps on here are really into trackdays and such, but I try to get half a dozen or so trackdays in a year myself (I'd do a lot more but for funding and time constraints). I have a ('97) RS too:

which gets out on track occasionally, but I mostly take the TZR250R 3XV track bike out:

(Pembrey last Sept - first time there. Good track for the strokers, but I struggled to get to grips with it if I'm honest. I'll be having another crack at it this year though. It;s like a disease, innit? Wink )

Been up to Mallory a couple of times over the last couple of years, and will prob get up again this year I'd imagine. I'll post up when I have something booked in case you guys fancy meeting up.

Are you member of the RGV forum? The fellas on there have run a terrific stroker trackday up at Cadwell the last couple of summers, and I imagine it will be happening again this summer too.

Only thing I have firmly booked so far this year is another all-stroker day with the folks from the NSR forum at Llandow (near Cardiff). It's a small and pretty basic circuit, but it's generally a really good day. Very relaxed... Non of the big track day organisation stuff as it's entirely self-run. Anyway, it's Friday the 30th April if you fancy getting smokey? Details on the NSR-world forum.

Cheers!
ypvs250

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

physiogixer wrote:
This was my first trackday at Cadwell, 5 weeks after passing trest...which I also did on my birthday - what a way to spend my day....

This is what I sold the RS for....and wish I hadn't pretty much straight away!!! This was 10 days old before it when here to the Nurburgring where it was run in round there....

Mine and Mikes bike...

A typical family day out in our household, a weekend at the Nordscleife....yound man on the back of Mike

Me lining up to go out again on the Nurburgring, this time in the old crap car (now sold for an Astra GSi as slow as anything)

None of te new bike yet as it's bloody cold....will get some of the mini-moto too when the weather increases....

That bike was my 1st rs250 which i sold to a lad who i worked with
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: