Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Eastern European's Infiltrate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emzedder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: MZ latest Reply with quote

Fitted a sidestand from an unknown Japanese bike, grafted on okay after a small amount of welding/grinding etc. Still a push starter at the moment and considering fitting a kickstart mech but the PVL ignition fires up within 2 paces so not a major problem. I'm looking for a narrow but long alloy fuel tank but difficult to come by these days.
emzedder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after some time I have managed to get around to installing a set of wider Morad 17" rims and sticky tyres. Pictures to follow, the bike is on the road and endured the August weather (rain,rain, more rain) and look forward to some decent autumn conditions.

Looking for a possible 4LS front brake but hard to come by and expensive new.

Generally performing well and needs a Mikuni or DellOrto to get more power.
Wb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Work! Sir, I salute you. MZ racing is fabulous to watch; long may it continue Cool. If I didn't have so many other projects on the go...
emzedder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Re the MZ ETZ special, it has been on the road again since September 2010 following a lay-off for around 12 months due to lack of riding time. It has enjoyed a canter a couple of times this january and looking forward to many more miles.
Front stopping power is due to be upgraded with a better caliper and Yam master cylinder. Other than that run as she is ... plotting a watercooled version for this year. Video on Youtube very soon ...
emzedder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Run out Reply with quote

For your amusement take a look at the footage from a recent test run ...

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j441/emzedder1/?action=view&current=mzrun2011.mp4

And here is a riders eye view if said machine ....

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j441/emzedder1/?action=view&current=mzrider.mp4

Anyone got aa alloy fuel tank to suit a single downtube frame, approx 3 gallon but not motocross styled?
emzedder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: More pictures Reply with quote

See link for more pics ...

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j441/emzedder1/?action=view&current=mz1_thumb.jpg[/img]

emzedder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Watercooling Reply with quote

So, the next possible mod could be liquid cooling, this presents something of a challenge. I favour thermosyphon system with a cylindrical water jacket that fits onto the barrell with top fin of barrel turned down to make a spigot. I would try this on a spare engine first in order to preserve my porting etc. Would probably trim top-bottom of barrel for Jap piston depth but leave it at that ... anyone done this king of mod. My later father's pal ran an AS1 Yam with watercooled conversion in 70's with aircooled heads and was competetive before TZ's came along.
emzedder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Liquid cooling Reply with quote

Here is a good example of retrofitted liquid cooling - a BSA Bantam engine suitably modified ... along thes lines

Maybe over the wintwer months ...

Last edited by emzedder on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:48 am; edited 2 times in total
emzedder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I olan to be at the Cadwell trackday running the MZ, should be fun. Not sure about top-end, probably be struggling but will have to make uop on the bends (I have a split-sprocket setup so gearing chnages only take minutes! Will take the 1FN FZ as a backup, she has seen quite a bit of Cadwell over the years.
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emzedder wrote:
For your amusement take a look at the footage from a recent test run ...

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j441/emzedder1/?action=view&current=mzrun2011.mp4

And here is a riders eye view if said machine ....

http://s1086.photobucket.com/albums/j441/emzedder1/?action=view&current=mzrider.mp4

Fantastic - can't wait to see you on the tank at Cadwell Cool

emzedder wrote:
I olan to be at the Cadwell trackday running the MZ, should be fun. Not sure about top-end, probably be struggling but will have to make uop on the bends (I have a split-sprocket setup so gearing chnages only take minutes! Will take the 1FN FZ as a backup, she has seen quite a bit of Cadwell over the years.

I'm sure the FZ won't be needed! Wink
emzedder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Forthcoing Trackday Reply with quote

Well, I am quite looking forward to 29th and keeping fingers crossed that the old girl will hold together for all sessions!
Upgraded the front brake recently with Honda master cylinder, braided hose and EBC's and all good at the mo.

I suspect that some furious flat-on-tank action will be required to keep her rolling (i'm still at my winter weight - gulp!)... we'll have to see!
emzedder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Practical Sportsbikes - TrackDay Reply with quote

Had a superb day with good track attitude from participants and really friendly pit. Congrats to the organisers.

The MZ [remarkably] survived being redlined all day except two occurences of the exhaust stub nut cooming loose - soon sorted with lock wire. Maz's LC performed well as did Gary's GSXR until a stone punchured the rad and caused him to step off in the last session - no injury fortunately.

Necessary mods - raise the exhaust (touched down heavily coming off mountain causing a big slide - not to be recommended) and new tyres as I exceeded the max heat cycles causing deterioration during the day.

All good stuff.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was going very nicely I thought, great to see - and hear - it out there !
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrokerBoy wrote:
It was going very nicely I thought, great to see - and hear - it out there !

I'll second that emzedder! Good to have a quick chat with you on the day too Smile
emzedder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Track Day Reply with quote

This pic was posted on the oldskool GSXR site!

[/img]

and this one ...

how about this ... both to be ridden again at trackdays in 2012 in addition to stroker, one by me (the Jap spec one) and my son (the 1FN UK spec) kinda fits in with the new CRMC series! Will move to the four-stroke section later. Owned the iFN for 12 years and iMG bit shorter ....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: