Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

I've 2 Yamahas too! :D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: I've 2 Yamahas too! :D Reply with quote

Yes, it's true Very Happy One fits the Diffrent Strokers theme perfectly, but the other is from the age when wheels were shiny and held together with bits of wire! Laughing

Rewind many years when I was farting around on a 50, I always wanted an RD500 when they were new but never had the money. Well, I still don't have the money probably cos I spent it on some bikes I always wanted Wink but I do have an RZV500, so life's not all bad!

It's not a mint original example, but what I would call 'tidy' which would benefit from a bit of fettling.

Now for the dinosaur . . .

One of the biggest problems I have is having an interest in too many things, bikes included - and old air-cooled RDs are certainly in that (forever growing) wish list.

However, this was around before the illustrious RD was even a twinkle in Mr Yamahas eye! Yes, it's been fully restored and is the only one I've ever seen which isn't copper and black . . . which is nice! Smile

fredjee
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RZV 500R Cool

Tidy Rolling Eyes

It looks as tidy as My '' Old Nail '' Wink

Like the way you made the classic mistake by not tucking the kicker away for the photo Laughing

I've done it loads Cool

Like the '' Old School '' stroker too Wink

Fred.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: