Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Italian Stallion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Italian Stallion Reply with quote

Having missed three of these - once which meant driving to the other end of the country (near StrokerBoy!) for what was described as the (and I quote) "best in the UK" and which of course turned out to be a pile of sh*te... it's fourth time lucky thanks to max350lc's pub meet back in September when we took the gags for a quick thrash, and when I met Dave (the owner) and his lovely RS250 in Regianni colours.

Having had a chat with Dave about the bike, heard its history which included a very full (and not so necessary) engine rebuild including the crank, rods and pistons Shocked and found it to be totally original (except the polished frame which has really grown on me!) with no discernable damage anywhere - I let him know I'd be interested if he ever found himself wanting to sell. Less than 2 months later I found myself driving the van to Coventry with some pound notes in a brown paper bag!

The jury's still out on the rim tape, but the crappy anodised fairing bolts are on borrowed time as the OE bolts are waiting to go back in asap!!

The bike buying now has to stop - as I have absolutely NO MORE ROOM... except in the house!

Hmmmmm!! Idea Laughing
bobbyboy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Darin Razz
Glad to see you found one at last.
Now stop buying, and start enjoying them Wink
Howie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditch the bolts, keep the rim tape!

Very, very nice. You lucky boy.

Howie
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Can't blame me for that one either. Wink

Rim tape gets a slagging off pretty much everywhere but it works on black wheels if it's put on properly. Leave it on. The pink bolts need to go though.
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments guys - I'm sure the rim tape will thankyou all when it sees you next! The "gay bolts' on the other hand really are on borrowed time!! Very Happy
davet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: reggie Reply with quote

Hi Darin,good to se you are keeping it clean,I know what u mean about the pink bolts I was going to do it too but the original bolts looked so comfortable wrapped up in the little tupperware box lol, I wish this R1-z I have purchased had been as well looked after,It may only be 4 years older but jeez, chalk and cheese spring to mind its like build quality of British Leyland in the seventies to Ferrari of today lol.
BenR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks lovely! Very Happy I'd remove the rim tape personally, I think it spoils the originality of it just my opinion. Wink
twosmoke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Regianni (Have got one myself in immaculate order).

My vote would be to get rid of the rim tape. It's a bit of a modern day style crime IMO and an unnecessary visual disturbance to the clean lines of the bike.

Mine has coloured bolts on the fairing so be careful that you aren't changing from original (I'll have a look when I get home).

Cheers!
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davet wrote:
Hi Darin,good to se you are keeping it clean,I know what u mean about the pink bolts I was going to do it too but the original bolts looked so comfortable wrapped up in the little tupperware box lol, I wish this R1-z I have purchased had been as well looked after,It may only be 4 years older but jeez, chalk and cheese spring to mind its like build quality of British Leyland in the seventies to Ferrari of today lol.

Laughing Haven't had a bloody chance to get it dirty mate - but I'm hoping it'll happen soon. Fingers crossed I can find some time to give the pink bolts the distance test... assuming I can find the OE ones in that tupperware box alongside your sarnies!!

BenR wrote:
Looks lovely! Very Happy I'd remove the rim tape personally, I think it spoils the originality of it just my opinion. Wink

Cheers Dan - I think you're right about the rim tape... original is usually best (IMO) - although there are exceptions Smile

twosmoke wrote:
Love the Regianni (Have got one myself in immaculate order).

My vote would be to get rid of the rim tape. It's a bit of a modern day style crime IMO and an unnecessary visual disturbance to the clean lines of the bike.

Mine has coloured bolts on the fairing so be careful that you aren't changing from original (I'll have a look when I get home). Laughing

Cheers!

Cheers twosmoke - nice to hear you have a minter Cool So what's the answer on the coloured bolts . . . or haven't you got home yet?!?! Laughing
twosmoke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coloured anodised bolts are correct. Here's mine...

Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twosmoke wrote:
Coloured anodised bolts are correct. Here's mine...

Hi twosmoke,

Which ones are coloured?? Compared to my bike all your fairing bolts look like stainless to me . . . or am I looking in the wrong place?! Laughing
twosmoke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a close look at the bike over the weekend.
The coloured anodised bolts are on the front mudguard.
All the ones on the fairing plastics are silver. Hope that clears things up and apologies for any confusion.
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twosmoke wrote:
Had a close look at the bike over the weekend.
The coloured anodised bolts are on the front mudguard.
All the ones on the fairing plastics are silver. Hope that clears things up and apologies for any confusion.

Cheers twosmoke - that's great thanks. . . the chav bolts in the fairing are now on borrowed time Smile Oh, and the rim tape went on Sunday!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: