Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Bimota V-Due
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveknowles
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Bimota V-Due Reply with quote

Have just joined and thought I'd post a pic of my V-Due. It's an Evo running Del orto carbs. A real hoot to ride, brings out the hooligan everytime I ride it. Have been riding for 30 years but hadn't ridden a two stroke for about 25 years, had almost forgotten what they were like. Very Happy

grellow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stunning Shocked
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Steve Smile Beautiful bike you have there and one on my never ending 'wanted' list . . . maybe one day! Think you should post a few more pix Laughing
steveknowles
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to take some first ! Hopefully good weather will be here soon and I'll post up more pics
gagster55
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Steve!

stop teasing me with that stroker........... Very Happy

a few more "e's" ? Wink

Garry.
steveknowles
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, I've been on this forum 5 mins and now everyone will think I'm a drug dealer ! Razz
Terminaterre

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find ! Mine is one of the very first version and I'm currently finishing my own carb conversion. That bike is a brute Twisted Evil
steveknowles
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, and I agree with you. Good luck with the carb conversion. Some people have been using power commanders to try and "sort" the injection.
Apart from the engine management upgrade (which I'm hoping to have pierot do in Milan this year) mine is more or less an evo 4, with the larger racing airbox (carbon fibre) and different jetting on the carbs. Runs like a dream. Dyno showed 100bhp at the rear wheel.
reverse cylinder jim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome bike you have there, i was lucky enough to work for a Bimota main dealer when these came out .
steveknowles
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame they didn't work straight out of the crate as Bimota intended, Guess you must have had some quite irate customers.
fredjee
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great last big stroker just a pity the design team slipped when doing the exhausts ..... totally spoils the lines but have seen v doos with pipes out from rear of seat .... think it was for race series in italia Wink

Fred.
steveknowles
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a couple of under seat exhaust systems available for it, but I actually like the standard set up, in a retro kind of way. The Bimota race kit has one pipe under the seat and another high level can to the side, a firm called Jollymoto make a 916 style system.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of people have opinions about V-Due's, many negative, and there's a lot of conflicting 'knowledge' about what's actually wrong with the design and what needs to be done to get 'em running right.

I bet most of the people have no actual experience of one and are just repeating what they've heard or read somewhere. Reminds me of my 3MA - lots of horror stories and misinformation out there, take it all with a big pinch of salt though. I'll get my info direct from the owners ta.

Call me weird, but - like the 3MA - a reputation for flawed design, fragility or a troublesome ownership experience just makes me want one even more. Love
steveknowles
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say that I love mine, it needed setting up when i first got it, the previous owner had mucked around with the carbs, had the auto lube pump on max (resulting in two stroke peeing out of the exhaust all over the rear wheel) and the power valves were sticking. Took it to total traction and they sorted it, including supplying new carb to airbox seals, all of which made a huge difference. Some people with the original injection models have tried sorting the dodgy fuelling using power commanders or by re porting with varied levels of success, but do think things got a little blown out of proportion at the time. Mine starts first time, every time, is suprisingly civilised in town and goes like s##t off a shovel out of it and leaves me grinning like an idiot. Your right about people hearing/reading stuff and taking it as fact, I also own a Ducati and get sick of people saying "oh they're too unreliable", my response is always to say "you own one then ?" normally sorts it.
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for anyone who wants one of their own . . . .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BIMOTA-V-DUE_W0QQitemZ160419508034QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item2559bf6f42

. . . and no Tim, it won't be me buying it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Other Strokers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: