Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

hello to all fellow strokers!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GARY-RD-ROBBO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: hello to all fellow strokers!!! Reply with quote

hi to all you all,

thought id join up on here after a few shows meeting the crew and getting to know you ..i 1st like to say i am 100% committed into all 2 strokes...ive NEVER had a 4 stroke NEVER will or NEVER rode one...i love my strokers too much Laughing

some of you may know me from other forums and currently own in exceess of 30 srokers of whice i have and now own 8 mint built rd 80 lc's...one of whice was shown at uttox 2010 and again at stafford this year completed in about 6 weeks!!! and restoration is on the lc club site.

i can and freely admit to being an anorak but with attitude... Twisted Evil
and i stick 2 v's up and build special bikes as well so hence the attitude...lol Laughing Laughing

currently now finished an x7 which i ride now on the road and well known for the black and white rd 125 lc shown a few times.

i love all my strokers and love to help any other 2 stroke nuts when i can.

having spoken to tim and darin at stafford i am doing sommat special with an x7 so i may start a resto thread on here.

if any on here would like any photo's posted up of my rd 80's if you havent seen them just shout and il do just that.

i love my rd 80's but many shun them as they were rare and in my mind a "dffrent stroker" as they were moped sized but motorcycle class...just a shame they do not get recognised as the bigger bro's the 125 lc and the 350's...

well nuf said and great looking site...i will bob by when i can and see if i can help anyone ..

gaz
seanrd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Gary glad to see you on here Smile
GARY-RD-ROBBO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Cool hi mate....you well enough to shake your hand then ??? Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

you did look very peaky mate tbh...hope your getting over the worst.
seanrd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah almost feeling on top of it now, i'd done the 2 hour drive home and was back in bed by mid day that day Crying or Very sad spent 2 hours there, thats all. Hope next years a bit better. Should of bought the 3xv wheels i spotted there, didn't think i needed them Crying or Very sad I take it the RD80 got a shed load of attention Cool
GARY-RD-ROBBO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly yes and no....was stuffed at the back and when peeps came in it covered the bike.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

still it was respected by tim off here as he saw it at uttox and again at stafford as well as you and many others...was a mean feat to do it but i did it ...was so happy i made it on time...was touch and go sean and had a few nippy moments...decals were applied en-route!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

still imageworks did a blinder for me... Cool
Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rg250.co.uk
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary,

Good to see you at Stafford and have a brief chat once or twice Smile The basket case looked really good - still struggle to comprehend how you resurrected it since Uttoxeter - but top job again. Looking forward to seeing the X7 Cool

Cheers

Darin
GARY-RD-ROBBO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi darin,
well the whole resto is on www.lcclub.co.uk

i didn't have paint to wait for tbh as the panels were all shot /cracked and tank was twisted etc...so all panels are genuine NOS parts.

i have a system when i do bikes...and all in piles of bits and all go off together.....

all parts go for coating,zincing,painting usually all at same time
then i order all the parts missing or obtain parts to refurb
then i end up with the engine only and pile of scrap.

while im waiting for the frame etc engine stripped and vapour blasted etc (by a member on ere from 'ull(tony) Wink i then set to and build the motor back up....

frame comes back collect the zincing then start to build the bike....

the system works well tbh but dedication to putting in the hours works well and some serious time into early hours.

but yep most of that bike was exactly refurbed what i could inc switchgear master cylinder all the engine wheels forks the lot....but the whole works is on the club site.

if ya look at the time of this posting ive just come in from workshop doing yet another strip down of 2 more 80's Shocked Shocked Shocked i love ma strokers and seeing them come alive from a pile of rust is the best bit.

hearing it first spring to life after years apart sat rusting and stinking in a corner is the main part and always brings a tear to my eye....the uttox bike was an amazing feat to do and touch and go at times but i did it.

pity the pipe weighs 1.2kg heavier than it did due to the welding but its saved solid and sounds the bleeding nuts!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

crofty!!

nice to see ya bike mate and nice to see some of those elusive parts i sold you back on a nice bike!!!i sold ya those mega rare belly pan panels and other parts...you done a great job mate...pity i never bumped into ya though Crying or Very sad

gazza

honesty is my policy.

ride em like you stole them!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: