Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

MVX250 NOS Fuel Tank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr FFF

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: MVX250 NOS Fuel Tank Reply with quote

Hi All Strokers

I have a brand new in the box fuel tank for an MVX250 in two tone blue and white in factory mint condition and I was going to get my body work painted to match. My painter has advised that is it almost impossible to match the colours so he wants to blast the tank and start from scratch.

You can imagine how that makes me feel to do this to what is probably the only NOS MVX250 tank in the world. Sad

Brainwave.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone on this Forum have a 100% sound, ie no rust (small dents or damage accepted)MVX250 tank they would want to do a deal with me in a PX swap with cash etc etc.

I can forward any pics of the tank if needed

Fingers crossed

PS

I am looking to buy any surplus NOS MVX parts that you may have for sale.
I have a number of NOS Honda MVX cranks at £375 + p&p. (These are not the ones available on the web for 1600euros!!!!!!!) These cranks are absolutly in perfect condition and I have NOS Honda throttle cables at £30 + p&p

Regards

Ian

ianlread@yahoo.co.uk
07841-577675

Or does anyone have a sound tank they would sell me?

Valves are for toilets unless they are power valves.
Claim to fame. Have beeten Casey Stoner over a championship season.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: MVX250 NOS Fuel Tank Reply with quote

Mr FFF wrote:
My painter has advised that is it almost impossible to match the colours so he wants to blast the tank and start from scratch.

You can imagine how that makes me feel to do this to what is probably the only NOS MVX250 tank in the world. Sad

Can't imagine there are shedloads of spare MVX tanks out there, but understand your reluctance to get your NOS one painted. Shocked

It's great that you're trying to swap it before the deed is done. I was too late to do a swap on a complete original KR silver bodyset and found out afterwards it'd been resprayed green/white. Bang Head

Personally I'd rather keep the NOS tank and suffer a slight mismatch of colours than have everything perfect but resprayed. Can you find another painter who's confident of getting a colour match ?
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian,

Firstly - nice to meet you at Stafford and have a brief chat about your MVX quest! I think it's great you're scouring the planet for the rarest of the rare (eg: NOS MVX250F tank!!!!Shocked ), and rapidly becoming the MVX oracle at the same time Smile

Getting back to that tank - I have to say I'm with Tim and agree that you shouldn't strip that tank! Although I respect your sprayer's honesty in not being able to match the colours perfectly, IMO getting very close would be good enough (for me).

One a slightly different note - great to see the two bikes together. I do have a red and black MVX seat cowl and one of the radiator cowls (not sure which one) if they're of interest???

Cheers

Darin
Mr FFF

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darin

can you mail me with what you have and how much you want?

ianlread@yahoo.co.uk

Regards

Ian

Valves are for toilets unless they are power valves.
Claim to fame. Have beeten Casey Stoner over a championship season.
MVX400F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian,

I have a few tanks. I think in total I have 9 almost complete bikes plus a few spares!

One of the MVX250s has done less than 100km. (Photo on bike pics)

Send an email if you want to get in touch - mark.forrest@btinternet.com

Regards

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Honda All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: