Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Cagiva Mito 350 YPVS Project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul8899

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Cagiva Mito 350 YPVS Project Reply with quote

Hi all,
thought I'd put a few pictures up of my mito 350 project I'm ( slowly) building. It all started when I saw Dougs Yagiva and I thought that I'd have a go at making one like it.

I decided that instead of buying a dead mito and changing the engine over I would try and build one from a bare frame up. After buying the frame I then bought an 08 r6 swingarm, 09 zx10r wheels / calipers / handlebars , 04 zx10r wheels/discs and a 31k ypvs engine.

I had to modify the mounts so that the engine will clear the swingarm and I dropped the front mounts slightly so that it now clears the existing mounts on the frame. I also had to make the rear mount of billet as the right hand L shaped mount hit the swingarm after 1in of wheel travel.

I have made a set of yokes,engine /suspension mounts and I'm about 3/4s the way through the rear subframe.

I've still got to get a few bits to do on the chassis ( welding ) then hopefully its just a few little jobs left , the main one is make a sprocket carrier and sort the chain run. Then I can start rebuilding the engine.

Here's a few pictures of some of the bits I've made

Shock and rear subframe mounts

Engine mounts

Yokes

Lightly modified r6 Swingarm ( got to weld some plates back in )

An heres what the bike looks like in a rough build

I'm hoping to get the bike finished by may 2011 but this might be subject to change Smile
si.likes.guiness
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we do meet in the stangest places paul Laughing bikes looking good mate
Paul8899

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

si.likes.guiness wrote:
we do meet in the stangest places paul Laughing bikes looking good mate

we'll have to be careful otherwise people will talk Smile

The bikes getting there, just taking ages Sad

hows yours ?
si.likes.guiness
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing you cant rush these things though mate,their worth the extra time Very Happy i'm just waiting for the crank to arrive back at dans,then the engines back together Very Happy still quite a few things to do to it though Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Specials / Hybrids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: