Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

ardee (RD)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ardee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: ardee (RD) Reply with quote

Hello
I just arrived here. I had already had a couple of people tell me about the site but I also saw it mentioned in Practical Sportsbike so finally got round to joining.

Some people will already know me as a frequenter of the LC Club, the yamaha_rd forum and the aircooled RD forum but for those who don't here is a little about me. I live in Norwich and I own two RDs, two dogs and a husband! I have a white and blue RD125LC MKIII that I have had for 12 years. It has matching numbers and original paintwork, low mileage and pretty much all the old MoT certificate to prove it. It goes like a little rocket and I love it! I also own an RD350 YPVS N in black and red, again matching numbers with genuine N model numbers, not a converted F model. When I bought it it was plain red so I had it resprayed a few years back. It is generally reliable but has a habit of breaking on the way to the VJMC Stanford hall show, much to everyone's amusement. Last year one of the exhausts cracked and the year before it seized up and trashed the barrels and crank (big thanks go to Trig the LC club chairman for rebuilding it for me). I go camping on it multiple times each year, accompanied by my husband on his 1998 Fazer 600.

I am incredibly lazy when it comes to looking after or working on my bikes - I just prefer riding them to working on them - so maybe classic two-strokes are not really the ideal bike for me. Laughing

If I had enough money and space I would add the following to the stable (in no particular order):
RD500
RG500
RG or RGV250
TZR250
TZR125
RD350LC
RD125LC MKI (pure nostalgia value as my learner bike was one of these)
RD350 YPVS F2

And the four-strokes I would like:
FZR400
OWO1

Tracey aka ardee

Last edited by ardee on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, welcome ! You've got a bit of a serious Yamaha thing going on there. Nothing wrong with that though. Very Happy
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tracey

Welcome Smile Sounds like a couple of nice Yams you've got there - and a great wish list too . . . just start at the top and work down! Good luck getting to the VJMC Stanford Show this year too! Laughing
ml1275

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ardee

Would this be your bike by any chance Wink

ML
ardee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep that's me. Where abouts in Norfolk are you?
ml1275

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Near the sea...

That's my TDR - we met at the Snetterton do last year.

ML
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: