Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

UK TZR Bike Dealers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaugnessy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: UK TZR Bike Dealers? Reply with quote

Hi all, I signed up a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd better post something before my account gets canceled. I already own several strokers ranging from relatively ancient to just old.

I've been looking around for a V-twin 250 from the early to mid 90's without any success. I have contacted an almost local importer in Toronto but he can't be arsed to reply, although I'm not surprised as I've been told he's a bit of a spiv. Not trying to be funny either but I don't think he'll be bringing anything in from Japan for a while.

I know during the 90's there was several used bike dealers in the UK importing and selling grey market bikes and parts, so I'm thinking of maybe importing from the UK. Are there any of these dealers still specializing in grey bikes? Anybody have any links or names I can search?

TIA, Sean
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. The good old days of Grey Import dealers on every corner are long gone here I'm afraid.

FastLine were one of the first/biggest and they're still doing it. Prices can be a bit steep but they keep a half-decent stock and also still ship over from Japan. Though probably not in the immediate future.

The other Grey Import pioneers were BAT Motorcycles and West Coast but it seems they've closed. Crying or Very sad

Seastar Superbikes are still going but seem to be all about the latest hot-shot superbikes these days. Rolling Eyes

If it's specifically a 3XV you're after, the TZR Forum might turn up some bikes a bit closer to you ?

But please hang around on here and post some pics up of your bikes. Very Happy
colp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a big shame about bat motorcycles closing down, me and my mates used to go to their shop in south norwood in the '80's to see what the japs had and we didn't, one of my mates bought a h**da 400 super hawk from there and we spent ages telling him it was just a super dream with a black engine (probably detuned as well!) visited the big warehouse at biggin hill when they moved there as well, good times Smile
jim157

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gecko Motorcycles are worth checking out.

Re Bat, I remember visiting their place in Norwood a couple of times back in the late 80's/early90's, when a couple of my mates bought bikes from them (a RG400 and a RGV250J). Sad that these places aren't about any more, used to check out Seastar and the Container Company in Dereham, Norfolk regularly in the mid 90's too.
Shaugnessy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links gents, I'll check back with them and see what shows up. I wonder if the prices include VAT and if I'd be VAT exempt? I've been checking the TZR forum but haven't seen anything lately. Even had a look on the RGV forum.

Pics.

My current project, stalled at the moment 'til I finish the kitchen reno! ( Aye a'nah it's a four stroke - long story ) 1967 H*nda CL175 mostly rebuilt, Needs re-assembly

I finished this last year, 1971 Suzuki T250, restored

Finished a couple of years ago, 1980 RD400G, restored

Did this a while ago, had it on the road last year but will be back in the shed this year, 1974 Kawi H1 E, restored.

Hasn't seen any action for a couple of years, 1990 RZ350, stock, original and well looked after, 30,000 klicks.

This one is currently broken, I think I've snapped a piston ring and locked the motor, I've got tons of time in this bike and just can't face another strip down at the moment, saving it for another day. RZ500

My next project - it's all there, some re-assembly required! '81 350 LC

Sean
nick69
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking collection you have Sean Thumbs Up
Howie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cracking collection you have Sean

That's putting it mildly, I would give my right arm for a collection like that, but then I suppose they wouldn't be of any use to me Laughing

But you've got to try to fit in a kr1s Wink
Shaugnessy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments.

There's a guy right now trying to sell a KR-1
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-sport-bikes-Kawasaki-KR-1-2-Stroke-GP-Bike-Street-Legal-W0QQAdIdZ267456584
It looks a nice enough bike, but from the little I've read it appears the "S" is the one to have. Being a bit of a masochist I'm holding out for a V-twin, although I might consider a KR250, but I think that would be harder to come by than a 3XV.
trev45

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a new type of fork seal on the Honda ? Laughing

Trev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: