Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

fritz egli style frame for an rd350

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rg250 screamer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: fritz egli style frame for an rd350 Reply with quote

I haven't posted on this forum for a few years now so bare with me on this one. I thought you guys might be interested to see my rd350 special, its an early air cooled rd motor built into a fritz egli style frame. the idea was to create something that had period 70s style engine, frame and body work with modern day running gear, hence the rgv wheels and forks. im not very good with words so hopefully the pictures will do the talking, obviously i am a little way off from finishing the bike but having recently reached a final decision on the tank shape (4th time lucky) i have a sudden urge of enthusiasm to finish the machine off. anyway have a look at the photos and let me know you thoughts be them good or bad! thanks, aden.

yanw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different but good (I think that's the ethos of the site).

Will the front of the engine be braced as I wondered if it could take the load through the back mounts?

I've been pondering doing something like this (a few years off mind) with something pre-march 1986 so I can run it really stripped down of running gear but still be road legal.

Tank looks good mind Smile
rg250 screamer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yes don't worry there will be a front engine mount! I have purposely left It out for now as I want to get the expansion chambers made first, I would hate to have the exhaust pipe design compromised because I have made the front mount to bulky! Thank you, the tank was based on the early tz tank for which I had a fibreglass version to copy, therefore the shape is almost exactly the same.
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love old engines with modern running gear, im a fan of newer bodywork too but i cant fault the look of yours, im also massivly impressed with a custom built frame,
rg250 screamer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks very much, im sort of 'testing the water' so to speak, if this design takes off and works out to be affordable, im considering starting up a business. the only part of the bike that I cant build myself is the exhausts so I will be trusting that job to Gibson exhausts as iv heard good things.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capri looks nice... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: