Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

suzuki t250 (tr250 replica racer)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
turbopresh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: suzuki t250 (tr250 replica racer) Reply with quote

Hey all new to the forum, thought I'd share the latest addition to my collection it is a 1967 suzuki t250 based tr250 replica racer.. it's got a t250r chassis which has been braced and had a few modifications for the footrests, rear brake and right hand gear shift. Borrani front rim with a hub someone identified for me but i've forgetten the name of now.. 4 leading shoe set up. The rear rim I've no idea about, the hub is kawasaki.

The current motor in it is the standard 3 bearing crank, with a good set of barrels which have a bit of a tune (very peaky however - could be doing with a short ratio box or a little less height on the ports). Modified squish band heads, cr125 pistons, hpi motoplatt replica ignition. All running through a set of abcon spannies.

I have a spare motor which I have the crank being looked at atm.. it has an rd250 (4 bearing) crank in it, which has the labyrinth milled down and oilways machined into it in order to take account of the narrower center bearing support of the 3 bearing set up and additional lubrication required for the center bearings. The modifications on this bottom end were performed by merlin engineering in england, and tbh a better job could have been doing.. so I'm planning on building a 3rd bottom end modified by myself with an rd crank and hopefully some straight cut primaries.

Here are a few photos...

If any of you know the bike and have information as to where it's been raced or who owned it previously I would absolutely love to hear from you as I have little to no history regarding this thing since it was brought over to Northern Ireland.
mikee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite smart Jon

Welcome to the forum

Mike
turbopresh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers lad, something a bit different anyway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: