Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

tzr 3xv

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbyboy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: tzr 3xv Reply with quote

Browsing the web tonight, came across a company selling a 3xv and 3ma.
They are Fastline Superbikes of Preston, Lancashire.
I've noticed over time they seem to get a lot of these in.
Anybody know what these guys are like and how good their bike stock is?
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've been dealing in Grey Imports for a long time now so hopefully they know what they're talking about. Back when this was a big industry their showroom was packed with cool bikes you'd never seen before. Cool

They're able to get spares from Japan fairly easily and have some used parts stocks I think. Mrs.StrokerBoy bought a GSX-R400 from them years ago and they were alright to deal with and offered decent support afterwards. Very Happy

Downside with a dealer is the silly initial purchase price though... Crying or Very sad
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GSX-R400RRL SP came from them too. We're going back ten years though... I (felt I) was short-changed on my trade in, and as Strokerboy says their prices were quite high.

The bike was the best one I could find by a long way. It was certainly sound, but with one or two niggles you sometimes get with a second hand bike. They swore it was derestricted, and it wasn't. It had suffered an electrical fault sometime in it's past and burnt out the cooling fan wiring.

I sorted the snags and it served me well for many years.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working over near Preston at the moment, managed to pop in to FastLine yesterday. Only had about 15 mins and no chance to talk to anyone though. Crying or Very sad

First time I've been to these premises. Years ago it was a nice old warehouse on an industrial estate, now it's a big tatty shop right in the town centre. Just past all the Polish supermarkets and burned-out taxis... No Idea

Plenty of new and nearly-new bikes like any other mainstream bike shop. Walked past those looking for the interesting stuff. Nice import 400's (RVF, GSX-R and CBR), a couple of old Bimota YB8's along with a few boring GPX/GPZ's from the early 90's.

Aha - that's better. RZV500 and RG500. Two 3XV's. Four MC28's. A VJ23 in Lucky Strike paint. And an NR750 (your dream bike eh Garry ? Clown ). Couldn't see any 3MA's.

None of 'em seemed to have price labels on, and quite a few said 'SOLD'. That ties in with what their website says, but why are all the sold bikes still there and not tucked up safe with their new owners ?

Don't think I've seen a VJ23 in the metal before. Never particularly liked 'em, thought they looked a bit odd in pictures but I can see the appeal now. But not at £6000.

Anyway, worth popping in if you're in the area but not worth a special trip. But PM me if you're going 'cos I know where they keep all the bike keys ! Green Grin
Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that warehouse on the industrial estate....GSX-R 400 and even 250's, 250 Power Valves, RZV500.....why did we end up with steel framed RD's? Walter Wolf Gamma's Rothmans liveried NSR250's, some amazing stufff, the Grey market was booming, it even had its own monthly mag dedicated to all things Grey!! The internet means that nothing is really new now.... Confused

http://www.rg250.co.uk
gagster55
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmmmmmmmmm........NR750 ------box of matches-------Sherburn Coffee bar-------mmmmmmmmmmmmm Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: