Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

New to the forum with ns250r and questions :D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stoney!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: New to the forum with ns250r and questions :D Reply with quote

Hi

Just got myself an ns250r mc11 and I know sod all about it Rolling Eyes
Any information would be good really!

It needs a few parts mainly a tail light but also cans and a screen

soo what are they like whats the history and what do you reckon its worth (think i got a bargain but not sure?!?!)

Cheers

Ps the names Chris
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Andy Bolas on here - he's got one. Also buy yourself the latest (Aug) issue of Classic Mechanics magazine, his bike is tested in there !

Don't know for sure but would guess that some NS400R parts are the same - bike is basically an NS400R with V-twin instead of V3.
stoney!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers bud
2Smoke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you buy that manky white one off ebay by any chance?

Paul

Smile
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess silence means yes...? Wink

Can't be as bad as he's making out, and probably better than a lot of 'em on here... including mine!
Sir Jimmy Savile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Smoke wrote:
Did you buy that manky white one off ebay by any chance?

Paul

Smile

I almost spat tea over my keyboard when I read that. It's now in the possession of myself and my father and if you want to see how manky it is 90% of the things we do are logged on here http://ns250r.blogspot.com/. If you lot are interested I'll keep you posted on what happens in a new thread on here if you want to laugh/give advice/take the piss.

The motor is pretty tidy though but it's the best bit of the bike, the rest is all finger tight or over tight bolts, stripped threads and covered in shite. But you'd expect it with a bike that has probably had 10 owners who's toolboxs consist of 3 bent screwdrivers, a plug spanner and an allen key. But the motor is running perfectly after sorting everything out and bodging a holed inlet rubber. 2 new ones are now making thier merry way from the nippon so the bodywork repair has been started in the mean time, and the job has been halved as the fairing has been thrown away.

It's a shame lots of silly little jobs on the chassis need doing as we were hoping that was reasonably sound and we could spend the cash on the motor. At worst it's going to cost £1200 but we'll probably see change from £1100 which we're happy to pay out, split in 2, for a little fun bike.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Jimm... I mean Sir. Wink

Yes, we do want to see how you rescue this unloved bike. Sounds like it's gone to a good home. Very Happy

Your Blog link doesn't work. Click HERE instead.
Sir Jimmy Savile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrokerBoy wrote:
Nice one Jimm... I mean Sir. Wink

Yes, we do want to see how you rescue this unloved bike. Sounds like it's gone to a good home. Very Happy

Your Blog link doesn't work. Click HERE instead.

Laughing

Cool, I'll start a new thread soon and thanks for sorting that link. Wink
Sir Jimmy Savile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good news. All the bits have come so hopefully this weekend it will be running again and be closer to finished, only expense left now is £100 for a set of tyres. There are some small things to do like flushing out the cooling system and sorting out the bodge on one of the hoses and the decision has been made to run it on premix so I've got to knock up a blanking plate for the bottom of the motor where the oil pump sits.

The bad news. We drained the gearbox oil and got some on mums new patio and she shouted at us. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Honda All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: