Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Hello from Canada!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyheslington

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Hello from Canada! Reply with quote

Hello from Canada!

I am a fellow 3XV owner. Grey imports are not a common thing in Canada and because our closest neighbor coined the phrase bigger is better we've seen very few 'smaller bikes' here in Canada.

I've had all sorts of bikes (83'Shadow 500, 83'Interceptor 750-POS, 2x86 Yamaha Phaser's) and my last a 92'Kawasaki ZX-11. Here in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) insurance rates are crazy and my last renewal came in over $1700 dollars. (I have a clean driving record). My previous bikes were much smaller and honestly I got sick of dragging the land missile around when I just wanted to go out for a short & fun romp.

I've long been lurking www.goobike.com from Japan and when I found the grey bike importer here in Toronto with a selection of Japanese bikes I couldn't pass up the TZR. A cool and different machine!

My bike seems to be in pretty good shape, however I'm completely cleaning it up and am planning to powder coat much if not all of it. Seems the pacific ocean is a friend of rust! I imagine your grey importers are the same as ours and you can't really trust the mileage as seen on the clocks so I also have some consideration for an engine examination.

http://ca.geocities.com/tonyhes@rogers.com/images/3XVGARAGE.JPG

http://ca.share.geocities.com/tonyhes@rogers.com/images/3xvnorims.jpg

http://ca.geocities.com/tonyhes@rogers.com/images/3xvbasement.jpg

http://ca.geocities.com/tonyhes@rogers.com/images/91MR2.JPG

Last edited by tonyheslington on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:04 pm; edited 14 times in total
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony, It doesn't look to bad at all, when you said you wanted cosmetic parts I worried for you.

I can only see the first picture by the way. The links to the other three seem to be dead...

Good luck with it.
tonyheslington

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I've gotten the links sorted out.

Bike just has lots of pitting which makes me upset.
eire_kp61

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well tony welcome to DS Very Happy

Im new here too but its a nice quiet forum with very helpful people

nobody lookin to bitch and moan here too which is a nice change from other foums Laughing

karl was saying you were looking for bits ?

ive had loads of tzr 4hw 4fl 125s which have the same frame and farings so i have lots of spares

i also have a 3xv engine complete coming soon for parts so if i can help you out i will try my best

let me know what you need

Ps nice mister two ya have there (looks well in red)
tonyheslington

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies everyone.

eire_kp61

I would buy an entire engine outright if I could find one, if given the opportunity I would buy the engine cases... The cover over the clutch for sure and the two half's. Please let me know what you get and your price for all or bits of it. Lower front fork triple tree... Not sure the proper name, basically the on below the neck of the frame.

Tony.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: