Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

RG250 WALTER WOLF LATEST...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OLIVERSDAD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crofty wrote:
Sure, plug the end and fill the pipes with a Caustic Soda solution for a couple of weeks....shake em up every couple of days, and refill em after a week with fresh solution. It gets hot when you mix it and it helps loosen the carbon. You get the cans new off ebay about 3 weeks ago?
Yes i got the cans off ebay not so long ago for about £90. They are brand new/unused and still in pack. Thought i got em for a good price after i was quoted over £150 for a new pair.(not originals) Wouldn't like to guess what a new pair of original cans would cost or the availability.
I've put the exhausts on for now along with the tatty old original cans. Put radiator/pipework back on and refilled with coolant mix. I stripped the carbs and cleaned /refurbed them myself. Replaced main jets, set floats, new gaskets etc. Quite easy to do if you have the manual , a can of carb cleaner and a tooth off a wire brush for the jets! Saves a few quid.
One or two more jobs to do then i'll try to kick her to life...
Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure u video the 1st start for posterity, and stick it on YouTube!!! I'm so excited about the prospect of mine reaching that stage, but at the mo, the gearbox and crank are spilled out over the work bench awaiting funds to recon the crank (bout 160 quid I think...), replace the gearbox bearings (50 quid) and repaint the crankcases etc Anthracite Grey!! Then a rebore....I have genuine 1.0mm O/S pistons, tho I need one set of rings to suit.....so quite a way to go for me.....let me have the joy by proxy....video yours so i can see it!! Good luck.

http://www.rg250.co.uk
OLIVERSDAD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crofty wrote:
Make sure u video the 1st start for posterity, and stick it on YouTube!!! I'm so excited about the prospect of mine reaching that stage, but at the mo, the gearbox and crank are spilled out over the work bench awaiting funds to recon the crank (bout 160 quid I think...), replace the gearbox bearings (50 quid) and repaint the crankcases etc Anthracite Grey!! Then a rebore....I have genuine 1.0mm O/S pistons, tho I need one set of rings to suit.....so quite a way to go for me.....let me have the joy by proxy....video yours so i can see it!! Good luck.
Ok will do. My engine/gearbox has done about 10k so hopefully it's guts are sound. My engine casings could do with a repaint here and there but i think they'll pass for now.
Got the clocks back on today after a struggle lining the holes up with the nose frame lugs. Had to weld a lug back on and resprayed it last year. I bet i have trouble mounting the new cockpit fairing when i get it. The bike has obviously been dropped on its left side some time in the past.
Just ordered a new speedo cable too. The new cans were a bugger to mount too. Had to get the rat tail file out and mod the holes. They look good when on though. Must be half weight of originals.
Even when its running it will be a while before its on the road. Need a new cockpit fairing/screen, respray all the bodywork, fit brake calipers and connect up/bleed, mot and register it. Long way to go for me too but we'll get there...
Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a nightmare getting my fairing bracket to fit! The mirror mounting ears have to line up with the fairing, but just bending it to fit then means the clocks dont fit!! I made mine fit all round,and had it powder coated, but I'm not sure yet if ALL the panels line up, refering to the belly pan to frame cover panels.....no doubt it wont....that wont be anything new....I've heard of that before. I decided to giv the DEP cans a swerve, as I'm not sure I'd be happy with oval cans poking out the belly pan where there's round holes. Stock cans do weigh a ton tho, as do the rear footrest/can hangers! Did you notice the amount of steel they used in those? Ridiculous! I know proddy racers can bin them, but you thought Suzuki wudda made more of an effort?

OLIVERSDAD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the rear footrest hangers look like an after thought. Heavy steel hung on a thin part of the alu frame to support the foot rest, pillion weight and those cans. Its pushing it a bit...
OLIVERSDAD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Ignition and lift off!... Reply with quote

Got the bike fired up and running! Got petrol pissing out of the right side carb overflow tube at the moment. Hope its just the float sticking and will free off with a good tap and running in the engine. Will have another go this weekend if the snow keeps away.
Need some new fuel pipe and carb tubing as well. I've videod the fire up on my mob phone and its now on my laptop. Will try to put it on the web when i get the chance but if anyone would like to see it i will email it you if you contact me...
Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done on getting her running.....hope you sort your teething troubles quickly.

Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I'd like to see that Video.....getting excited bout hearing mine run soon. Engine had a full rebuild, just a rebore and its good to go.....I hope!!!

OLIVERSDAD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent u the videos Crofty. The wiring is 99% complete now. A couple more things to connect up and fit the new battery. Fitted calipers back on and braided hoses kit. Bleeding them now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: