Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

MVX250 - really!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: MVX250 - really!! Reply with quote

Being into the wacky and weird as soon as I found out about Honda's MVX250 with it's V3 watercooled lump, inboard disc brake, bikini fairing and belly pan I just had to have one. Smile Unbelieveably I actually found three bikes in the UK for sale around the time of my mission but this was the best one with only 8k km and one previous owner.

It's not perfect by any means, but it doesn't need too much fettling to be spot on. It was one of the bikes myself and Stroker Boy had on display at Stafford recently and it got a mixed reaction - some just dismissed it (not really knowing what it was - well that's what we think!), whilst others looked and then saw the engine and started to look a little further. Some even stopped to say they'd never seen one before and wanted to know more . . . if only we could have helped them!

Although I've spoken to a couple of people who own them I've never seen another, but I'm sure that will change now DS is up and running!

StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people thought it was just an MBX125. Wink More than once I saw people wander along looking at all the bikes and making appreciative noises, then when they reached the MVX they started laughing and walked off. Shocked Laughing One bloke thought it was a VT250... Rolling Eyes
royston

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi first of all.i have a mvx that needs new big ends,its been stood for over 10 years now and was all but forgotten.at the time i could not find anyone who could get bearings for it.so im just curious where you get your cranks rebuilt or if you know of anywhere i could find a new crank.any help with this would be much apreiciated,cool site by the way.
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Royston,

The best advice I can give you is to to contact MVX and NSR nut, Alistair. His email address is elmarie@dsl.pipex.com Have a look at this page on his website for yet more MVXs >> http://www.elmarie.dsl.pipex.com/MVX.htm

You could try Yahoo Japan for a crank as MVX stuff comes up on there quite regularly; http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/search/auc?p=mvx&auccat=0&alocale=0jp&acc=jp

StrokerBoy will be able to advise on using a shipping agent as he can't stop buying stuff from the Land of the Rising Sun! Wink

Best of luck getting it sorted - post some pictures up here when you can.
royston

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that,i will put some pics up sometime but ive just worked out from the last tax disc that its been stood for 14years now and needs a good clean.thanks again
Alastair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Smoker wrote:
Hi Royston,

The best advice I can give you is to to contact MVX and NSR nut, Alistair. His email address is elmarie@dsl.pipex.com Have a look at this page on his website for yet more MVXs >> http://www.elmarie.dsl.pipex.com/MVX.htm

You could try Yahoo Japan for a crank as MVX stuff comes up on there quite regularly; http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/search/auc?p=mvx&auccat=0&alocale=0jp&acc=jp

StrokerBoy will be able to advise on using a shipping agent as he can't stop buying stuff from the Land of the Rising Sun! Wink

Best of luck getting it sorted - post some pictures up here when you can.

Must be Darin Laughing

Hope you are well. We haven't corresponded in a long time. Sounds like the NS400 I pointed you in the direction of has started a passion, although why you want the bloody Yamahahaha touring thing I'll never know. I left Pipex ages ago so the website is sort of stuck in webspace in terminal decline. Maybe one day I'll get around to resurrecting it. Given that it was that website that pointed you in the right direction, how come you ain't got it mentioned in your links apart from the MVX bit Twisted Evil

For buying from Yahoo Japan, www.rinkya.com is a reliable third party although like most, it is expensive.

More to the point for Royston, I do know of a brand new MVX crank for less than the cost of a rebuild (£125 plus VAT). Maybe send me a PM and I'll point you in the right direction. Same goes for anyone looking for Honda parts, I've got a pretty good knowledge of what is out there, particularly if you know the part number.

CBR1000RR6 (0 - Court in 2.5 seconds)
NS400RF
MTX80RFD
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastair wrote:
I left Pipex ages ago so the website is sort of stuck in webspace in terminal decline. Maybe one day I'll get around to resurrecting it. Given that it was that website that pointed you in the right direction, how come you ain't got it mentioned in your links apart from the MVX bit Twisted Evil

Sorry, my fault. Embarassed I've added it to the list now, even though you no longer maintain it. It's still live though, unlike NS400R.CO.UK which seems to be dead today... Rolling Eyes
Alastair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I move it, I'll let you know the new address Very Happy

CBR1000RR6 (0 - Court in 2.5 seconds)
NS400RF
MTX80RFD
royston

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm sent thanks
royston

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alistair.
mr200r

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got since november2008 a swiss mvx250f,how many mvx-es are there in europe?
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found some old copies of Grey Bike magazine. In one of them (Autumn '95) there's a two page test of an MVX. Never seen one anywhere else so scanned it in for all you Honda freaks. Wink

Click the pics for big versions :

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Honda All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: