Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Nsr125

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Nsr125 Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm pretty new to the forum, I can normally be found posting drunken rambles on the KR1s forum! But I have posted once or twice here, mainly concerning my KMX.

However I am quite sober at the mo & would just like to ask members about the NSR125 (98 model).

I am currently fixing one up & finding that plastics are in short supply, so my question is - has anyone successfully fitted another make/models fairings to the foxeye model?
Oh & any other info concerning making the b***** perform better/faster would be appreciated Wink

Also am I alone in liking 125cc two strokes at the tender age of 40?

Howie
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Howie,

Not much help on your first question I'm affraid. You can buy new complete pattern fairings, painted, for my bike (Yamaha 3XV) on eBay for about £300 (£150 for the item, and £150 for post from China).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fairing-Set-for-Yamaha-V2-TZR-250-V2-3XV-TZR250-camel_W0QQitemZ160388401618QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item2557e4c9d2

Might one of those fit? Good luck with it, and remember we always like to see pictures of how you're getting along.

On the second point, of course you're not alone! And you've come to the right place. DS is a happy refuge for for all of us who may have missed a step when we were meant to be growing up... (Aged 43) Wink

Last edited by arlurt on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Howie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi arlurt,

Thanks for the info. I will definately post some pics of the rebuild. The NSR was bought to fix up & sell on to fund my Kr1 but (& I don't know if anyone else has this problem) as I've started to work on it, i've become attached to it Rolling Eyes .

Plus I have unfinished business with the NSR range having once owned a 88 NS125R, which I managed to wreck on more than one occasion!

Anyway, merry christmas every one

Howie
BenR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Nsr125 Reply with quote

Howie wrote:
Hi all, I'm pretty new to the forum, I can normally be found posting drunken rambles on the KR1s forum! But I have posted once or twice here, mainly concerning my KMX.

However I am quite sober at the mo & would just like to ask members about the NSR125 (98 model).

I am currently fixing one up & finding that plastics are in short supply, so my question is - has anyone successfully fitted another make/models fairings to the foxeye model?
Oh & any other info concerning making the b***** perform better/faster would be appreciated Wink

Also am I alone in liking 125cc two strokes at the tender age of 40?

Howie

No you're not alone, I'm 36 & love 125s. There's usually quite a good selection of NSR parts/panels on egay mate that'd be your best bet. Get some pics of the bike up. Thumbs Up
Howie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, members of the Kr1s forum may recognise these but here is my NSR125 as bought[img]

Its not good is it? But it was dirt cheap, heres another[/img]

The lump before I cleaned it up. It needs a new piston kit etc. Barrel re-plating, new gear change shaft & a little investigation into why it will not select neutral!

One more[img]

Nothing to say about this pic really, just put it on cos the previous owner told me that the speedo never worked Rolling Eyes

Oh well, once I get my Kr1 up & running, I'll get stuck in properly, just as long as the other projects don't get in the way Laughing

Howie[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Honda All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: