Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

R1-Z

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: R1-Z Reply with quote

Hi thought I might as well get introduced,I used to own the reggianni that Darin now has,I have gone and purchased an R1-Z,I saw it on evilbay (first one on there for ages)and on a buy it now,so I did lol.It has been in uk for 18 months and 3 owners a guy in scotland ,a guy in wales,Bat motorcycles and a guy in derbyshire,none of which registered it in uk because of mot work, eg tyres,new exhausts, and some paperwork problems (date of manufacture ).it is now registered in uk engine super quiet and a little tired on the cosmetic front typical yamaha finish and jap maintenance.12000kms from new in white with very early chassis number in the 200's.
It was stripped in the first 4 hours of ownership,and frame sent for blasting and powder coating,returned the next day £50 lighter and in glossy black.
Here is a picture b4 stripping

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/113293221606343420945/R1Z#5448146790889683602

Hope to see you all at the shoulder of mutton in grandborough during the spring/summer months
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice R1-Z, I'm assuming you bought it off Jay so you were within 1/2 mile of my place and three other R1-Zs (not mine)
fredjee
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Andy R's R1-Z Tom ? Think you'll find thats 4 within 1/2 mile of yours Cool

So it you that ended up with the white one Dave ?? It was for sale on ebay 3 times ..... 1st n 2nd times well well well overpriced Confused

It got away from having a photo in my garden though even though it was so close .......

Perhaps see you down at Grandborough in the summer if family funds pick up and John sends some cash so I can finiish his .... Will be a good to get someone to ride it down there to help the run in .... Perhaps Andy R will have his sorted as well Very Happy

Fred.
davet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: ri-z Reply with quote

Yes I bought it from Jay,it looks tidier in the pictures than it is up close and yes i did pay top dollar for it,but the price was less than he had paid counting the fact he fitted new zorsts,tyres and an mot.Price in japan of any for sale is high now and that does not even cover shipping or import duty,as you know the pound is worth sweet f.a. too.Also the rarity of them and being that bit different is nice.
I am getting some new clocks from drewski (yahoo japan)as ones on it were superglued to buggery.lots of cleaning polishing repainting to do but nearly finished.have ordered quite a few parts from my local yam dealer eg:- indicator lenses only 2 quid each,footrest rubbers and new badges for the tank and sidepanels.Just for interest I enquired price of end cans £400 each plus vat !!!!!!!silencers £800 each !!! Shocked

will keep u all posted and might even be at grandborough end of march
fredjee
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: ri-z Reply with quote

davet wrote:
Yes I bought it from Jay,it looks tidier in the pictures than it is up close and yes i did pay top dollar for it,but the price was less than he had paid counting the fact he fitted new zorsts,tyres and an mot.Price in japan of any for sale is high now and that does not even cover shipping or import duty,as you know the pound is worth sweet f.a. too.Also the rarity of them and being that bit different is nice.
I am getting some new clocks from drewski (yahoo japan)as ones on it were superglued to buggery.lots of cleaning polishing repainting to do but nearly finished.have ordered quite a few parts from my local yam dealer eg:- indicator lenses only 2 quid each,footrest rubbers and new badges for the tank and sidepanels.Just for interest I enquired price of end cans £400 each plus vat !!!!!!!silencers £800 each !!! Shocked

will keep u all posted and might even be at grandborough end of march

£800 + £400 each Embarassed

I'd sooner buy a set of Super Spannies ......
davet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: top yoke swap Reply with quote

I am thinking of doing a top yoke swap ,putting risers and straight bars on it as the clip ons are a bit far forward and a bit naff for me,,is NK racing the best way to go to get some made?
fredjee
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK will do you a set i'm sure and there are some other places scattered around the country ......

Theres a standard set on e bay now if you could modify with risers you often see on ebay .... Bandit etc ???

Fred.
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredjee wrote:
Don't forget Andy R's R1-Z Tom ? Think you'll find thats 4 within 1/2 mile of yours Cool

ah yes I suppose it does.

anyway Dave, you've got yourself a nice bike there. looking forward to seeing it once done.
SP_BOTT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much higher do you want the bars? the clippons aren't like normal ones and sit below the yoke, I thought the position felt qute good, but not ridden one to see, what problems are you having with the bars then?
davet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: r1-z bar position Reply with quote

Hi the bars just seem to be an uncomfortable way forward and low for me,I am ok on a sportsbike kr/ rs etc but r1z seems a bit uncomfortable when sitting on (it might be different when i am riding it, 0, and they look pants like typical 1988 tzr 125 style.
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: R1-Z Reply with quote

davet wrote:
Hi thought I might as well get introduced,I used to own the reggianni that Darin now has,I have gone and purchased an R1-Z,I saw it on evilbay (first one on there for ages)and on a buy it now,so I did lol.It has been in uk for 18 months and 3 owners a guy in scotland ,a guy in wales,Bat motorcycles and a guy in derbyshire,none of which registered it in uk because of mot work, eg tyres,new exhausts, and some paperwork problems (date of manufacture ).it is now registered in uk engine super quiet and a little tired on the cosmetic front typical yamaha finish and jap maintenance.12000kms from new in white with very early chassis number in the 200's.
It was stripped in the first 4 hours of ownership,and frame sent for blasting and powder coating,returned the next day £50 lighter and in glossy black.
Here is a picture b4 stripping

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/113293221606343420945/R1Z#5448146790889683602

Hope to see you all at the shoulder of mutton in grandborough during the spring/summer months

Hi Dave,

Finished that R1Z yet?!!? Laughing Great to hear you got a funky replacement for the RS, and looking forward to seeing it - maybe at one of Paul's 2stroke Sundays... although the dates aren't looking too good for me this year with all the other events I have on. Should have the RS on the stand at Uttoxeter though, so hope you're able to make that (3/4 July) Cool
davet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: R1-Z Reply with quote

Hi Darin a quick update for you the bike is just awaiting fluids , spacer for rear sprocket(now using flat rather than offset rear sprocket)have some replacement clock shells coming from japan as originals were so full of superglue they were not worthy of fitting lol,I have also ordered new dials in white Smile as a modern touch.The bike has a new colour scheme complete with new stickers,I ordered them from my local yamaha dealer as he has microfiche ,they arrived within a week!!! she looks real good and so much better than the dirty pearl white of original .I might wait until all the bits are on and take it to pauls b4 putting a picture on here just for the element of suprise Twisted Evil
I would like to get to NK racing just up the road to get a pair of bean tins for the pipes as originals are very restrictive,and to also get cost of top yolk with risers for some nice flat bars like we used to fit to air cooled RD yams (yes I am that old lol)
davet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: R!-z picture Reply with quote

Ok,Ok,here is one i took earlier
http://picasaweb.google.com/113293221606343420945/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCJPl1ODDz6SzWQ&pli=1&gsessionid=TxOo7Q-6mWp8J1_0WMfSDg#
SP_BOTT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks excellent, did you do it all yourself, the rims are stunning, get some better pics up, (without the appliances Smile how do you get away with that?? I thought it looked nice in the first pic, great turnaround. are you changing the exhausts or just the end cans?
davet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: R1-Z pics Reply with quote

Hi I get away with it coz i got rid of the missus lol,rims took about an hour a piece to polish and then paint was a further 2 hrs,the bike looked much better in the picture that in the flesh as was covered in corrosion,because of wafer thin paint and climate in japan.I am going to change the end cans and also have new chrome fittings for cans too.have a set of top yolks and riser and bars to fit too.will try to get some more piccys on here soon Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: