Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Hi Guys. 3XV Qs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arborealad

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Hi Guys. 3XV Qs Reply with quote

Hey everyone first post here so just thought id say hello.
Ive been looking for a nice 3XV, particularly an RS or an SP for what seems like ages now.
I stubbled upon a mint looking, low mileage SP on a shop website last night but they want over 5 grand for it.
Is this the sort of price il have to pay for one of these gorgeous machines or is that asking just a bit too much??
Any advice is mucho appreciated.
Cheers
Adam Very Happy
BenR

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much?? Shocked Rolling Eyes No way is that bike worth that no matter what mileage/condition shops always seem to think they're so valuable. There was a mint one on ebay don't know if it's still on there for £3,295 I think. Welcome to the site BTW. Smile
Arborealad

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome mate. Thought it sounded a little steep although i could see someone parting with the cash eventually. It does look stunning.

Guess il have to keep looking a little longer.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question has been asked before. Might have been on the TZR forum. I replied at the time agreeing that they were overpriced, but the majority opinion was that the best bikes were almost up there with MC28's and VJ23's. Quite a few 3XV's do change hands for 'daft' money so maybe that is what they're 'worth'.

So you might have to dig deep, unless you want a lower-spec R or something that needs a bit of work. Good thing is, they're not that rare so you should be able to pick and choose a bit.

Post some pics when you get one. And welcome on board ! Very Happy
Arborealad

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome strokerboy.
If there not that rare where the heck are they all? hehe Laughing
wullie mckie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on FASTLINE SUPERBIKES web site yesterday. They currently have an immaculate looking '91 TZR 3XV1 for sale for £3,999 pound ! Shocked
Only 4,820 Km's. ( Yeah, right ! We all know how easy they are to "clock" ).
The '94 3XVB SP is still listed too for £5,499 pounds. ( the one with the spelling mistakes on the tail piece black number panels that was featured in BIKE magazine a few months back ).
Be patient, Arborealad. Keep looking around for one at an affordable / realistic price & you might just strike lucky. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: