Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

rg250 mk3 resto fork stanchion replacement or re-chroming?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: rg250 mk3 resto fork stanchion replacement or re-chroming? Reply with quote

hi
i would like to know off you experts which is the best way of refurbing fork stanchions. i have 4 sets of forks on and for my rg250 mk3,s and all are pitted some quite bad.
I need at least 2 pairs refurbing,which is the most cost effective method and where do you get re-chroming done or new replacement stanchions
from and roughly what sort of price am i looking at.
Any firms that you've used and had good service ?
I have now decided to keep both walter wolf's and rebuild the white and blue model over a long period (needs a lot of work) , i will need to have the crank rebuilt any ideas on price for this and good firms to do it ,not to far from my home in grimsby if poss.
SP_BOTT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this seems to be the place for fork chroming, heard it mentioned on a few forums, but not had any done myself.

http://www.pittedforks.co.uk/price.php

Just had a YPVS crank done by Grampian motors, they quoted around £200 for full rebuild (mine came to less than this as it was low mileage, and they reused the rods)
Crofty
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try also http://www.fitforx.co.uk/ these are based 5 mins from my front door, but I have a feeling, Philpots do the work for them, mine were perfect, so get a price and go for the cheapest.

http://www.rg250.co.uk
RGRobby
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I used Fitforks in Stoke on Trent. It's not a cheap process but they came back spot on and took about a week or ten days if I remember correctly.
I had my forks stripped, blasted, powder coated, new hard chrome, internals checked and replaced as necessary springs, oil and all seals etc.
Basically came back as new. Hope this helps. I also got new 'Deca piston'
stickers from Sunrise Graphics in St Annes on Sea near Blackpool.

I have also heard there is a company in Hull that can hard chrome forks, I will try and get a name and number for you.
Cheers, Rob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: