Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

MVX250 around the world trip

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trev45

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: MVX250 around the world trip Reply with quote

I would just like to thank Diffrent strokers (this site) and the people on here.
Owning old or just weird bikes can some times be a little well Confused hard is maybe the word and to have like minded people wanting to keep them on the road/track is a great.
One guy I would like to thank is Ian Read for the crank that he sent to me here in Australia for the mighty MVX250 cheers Ian you have been very helpful

Trev
Mr FFF

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Hi Trev Reply with quote

Hi Trev

You are right, they are frustrating. The spares are almost non existant, well new at least as there is loads of used stuff on Yahoo Japan. Then you get a call from a pal who says someone has uncovered a whole load of MVX parts. Great you think, and then find out its a shed load of cranks and throttle cables. Is that it, and a how many? Yup thats it the guy says. Ok, its not a great variety, but its a start and proves that there is stuff out there hidden away in dark corners. Just need a bit of luck and a big torch Smile

So, Im proud to be able to put the final link in place and unite a grateful MVX owner with a brand new crank that must have gone around the world at least twice !

I can still get the cranks so let me know And at a good price, dont even think about CMSNL prices, as they are crazy man

Also I have all the pistons in all the sizes and versions, along with rings, but I cant match a complete set up. So I'm looking to buy, beg, borrow! or swap new pistons and rings if we can get some sets together and keep the little weirdos on the roads.

Rebuild update goes....engine off to be black ceramic coated. All black stuff has been powder coated and frame is with the coaters now. Every single nut, bolt washer and screw has been plated according to the original colour (Black Zinc is the biz). Have every bearing and seal waiting. Forks have been plated and ground, just waiting assembly with all new bushes and seals etc.

Just glad the evenings are getting lighter and longer.

Valves are for toilets unless they are power valves.
Claim to fame. Have beeten Casey Stoner over a championship season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Honda All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: