Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

KR1-R or not a KR1-R

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: KR1-R or not a KR1-R Reply with quote

Been on my travels today looking for another Kawasaki smoker.
Seen a couple of interesting ones and a proper misleading one.
Have a look at eBay UK item number 130549754980 - it's supposed to be a rare KR1-R in Hastings. I know the eBay pictures are rubbish that's why i went to have a look 
Frame and numbers makes it a 1989 KR1 painted to look like a D1/2 KR1-R. Paint and decals not a good copy either. Buyer beware - or if you do purchase, do it with your eyes open!
Rolling Eyes

Laughing
SP_BOTT

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you've seen this in the flesh??, I blew the pics up, and the tank looked weird as though it had been photoshopped. the frame looks ribbed like a KR-1 and the exhausts looked like the fatter black ones too. what are your impressions then?

If anyone buys it and goes to pick it up, they would be well within their right to walk away if not as described, (I've done it a few times so far, whether its a 'legally binding contract' or not, it's my money after all) saying that reserve is probably £5k or over as it's 'rare' Laughing Just seems dodgy to me
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes looked at it last week. Definitely a copy KR1R based on a KR1 (which I'm sure was a B2 from the frame number). The tank decal 'R' was in gold and not the right font. The frame was ribbed and the exhausts the bigger black ones that I think were standard on KR1?

I certainly would not describe it as show standard either. The owner said reserve was set at 3k? Sounds like he's changed his mind? - It's done about 28k miles from memory and had a paint job that only looks 'excellent' at 100 yards.

Im probably going to be accused of being harsh but i think it's only worth about £1.5 to £2k max 

I needed to see it as I would have been a serious bidder - in the end it was a waste of everyone's time. Not one for me !
Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: