Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

cool old cars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: cool old cars Reply with quote

hi guys
thought i would post a couple of pics of my old mans cars past and present not everyones cup of tea but i think they look great . The first couple of pics are a 1930,s v8 riley special he built in the 1970,s powered by a v8 3litre riley autovia engine . When my dad built it the engine had 4 su carbs but the present owner has fitted a supercharger and now says its putting out nearly 300 bhp which would make it very fast as it used to do over 130 when first built.
The other 2 pics are of a 1930's riley tt sprite replica all built with period parts on a replica chassis he had made in the 70's , its powered by a 6 cyl 1500cc engine with 6 amal carbs but has recently aquired a supercharger which he is hoping to fit . Performance is ok but seems fast as you are nearly sat on the road Shocked

Last edited by wolfman on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Shocked

Cool cars indeed Wolfman - and real pieces of history, but to think of what they must be like (and sound) with a bank of carbs AND a supercharger . . . I'd love to experience both of them!! Fantastic stuff!! Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: