Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

2-stroke / grey-import frenzy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: 2-stroke / grey-import frenzy Reply with quote

I posted on the Practical Sportbikes Magazine facebook page yesterday, suggesting that they pick up the baton dropped by PB magazine and arrange a meet or two along the lines of the old PB 'Frenzies'.

They used to hire an airfield or other private open space, pick a theme, and then invite owners of suitable bikes to turn up, pose for the camera, chat, do a few riding and group shots and then disappear again. Sometimes there'd be a bit of a shootout using timing gear too. And if any LC's were there it'd always turn into a wheelie contest. Nothing as formal and organised as a trackday though, more a social thing with a bit of riding thrown in.

The next issue of the magazine would then be filled with cool pics of the most interesting bikes (and owners) and a bit of tech spec on them too. Fondly remembered by all who took part or just read about them over the years, but later dumped by PB when one event got a bit out of hand... Shocked

Rob at Classic Bike Trackdays saw my post and phoned me asking whether they could help set it up, maybe in association with PS. They already run the trackdays that are badged as 'PS'. And maybe Diff'rent Strokers should get behind it too ?

It's just an idea at the moment, might not go anywhere. We'd be trying to do it on the back of Paul's '2-Stroke Sunday' pub meets but sadly they don't happen any more. Crying or Very sad Obviously similar stuff already happens at places like the Ace Cafe and Squires Bar though, so maybe there's no need for anything new ?

Anyone fancy it ? Would you turn up if we arranged something ? Not worth doing it for half-a-dozen people, so maybe we could set the first theme to include all 2-strokes plus grey-imports, that should cover a lot of you lot. Very Happy

Oh, and try not to drift off topic, as has happened on the facebook thread... Rolling Eyes
yanw

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be up for it on my TZR so long as it was within range from Gloucestershire of my back/crank going pop Laughing
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great idea - I'm in as long as it's not a massive trek on a cold rainy day... Yeah I know that could be limiting LOL

What about using someplace like Shakespeare Raceway or Santa Pod?
It could be at the same time as some other event to keep cost down but gives people the chance to do a sprint or two ?

Anyways count me in Tim and I will do my bestset to get there !

Very Happy
fletch

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be up for this, I could chuck 2 or 3 strokers in the van and bring em along to get the numbers up Very Happy
Tom Mac
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more than likely be up for it, as long as it doesn't clash with anything else. Santa Pod sounds ideal (i'm only saying that cos its ten minutes from my place)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: